Which Production Plant Does The Wrangler/Super Made

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I too checked over the weekend, and mine has the serial number under the ERH as well.
Delbert sent me four pictures total, and I just posted the two best ones taken. His gun is indeed sans the warning statement.

Delbert

Bearcat
Thanks to B-E on the pictures posting for me and Contender on his much better knowledge. Leave it to me to stumble upon something different with my first SA.

NOW. The next phase. Would it be smart of me now knowing what has been found to get a letter from Ruger on this oddity of a gun which shows they left off the "read the manual" warning and "where made" to keep on hand that this gun is the way it came from the manufacturer?

What would a letter from Ruger do for the value of this found oddity?

Finding this gun is one thing, but having a rare manufacture's mistake is a bonus, if (now) suddenly worth more than what was paid.

hittman

Staff member
Worth lettering is up to you. It's only $10.00. OTOH, it's an oddity not necessarily increasing the value even if the gun is as new, unfired, with box, etc.

Even though oddities are fun to have ( at least for ME ) ~ I don't see them commanding much (if any) premium.

My oddity of the day is a "200th Year" marked Speed Six that was shipped in March 77 so, according to Ruger is not a "200th Year" gun. Obviously, the frame set in a bin for a few months before the gun was assembled and shipped off to the distributor in Colorado. To ME, if this was to have any premium it's because it's 38 Special instead of 357 Magnum.

Cool find for sure. We appreciate you sharing it.

NikA

Buckeye
Thanks to B-E on the pictures posting for me and Contender on his much better knowledge. Leave it to me to stumble upon something different with my first SA.

NOW. The next phase. Would it be smart of me now knowing what has been found to get a letter from Ruger on this oddity of a gun which shows they left off the "read the manual" warning and "where made" to keep on hand that this gun is the way it came from the manufacturer?

What would a letter from Ruger do for the value of this found oddity?

Finding this gun is one thing, but having a rare manufacture's mistake is a bonus, if (now) suddenly worth more than what was paid.
I don't think there's any way you're going to get a letter that says the rollmark was left off. Given that it's a violation of ATF marking requirements, they may want to swap you one that does have the markings and scrap out the one you have.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
More pictures...
15493.jpeg
15499.jpeg
15495.jpeg
15496.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
A letter will not reflect the missing rollmarks.

But oddities like this can occasionally make a collector desire them. And of course,, the condition of the gun is also important.

I have seen other similar mistakes on guns. Double stamping, missing marks, heck, even parts not properly cut. Oddities can make for interesting discussions, & even a "different" display.

Hankus

Blackhawk
Speaking of Wranglers; Rural King sent me an email yesterday showing a new model called a "Wrangler Single Six". It looks like the Single Six" references a six inch barrel??

Attachments

• IMG_7325.png
    IMG_7325.png
    177.1 KB · Views: 26

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Speaking of Wranglers; Rural King sent me an email yesterday showing a new model called a "Wrangler Single Six". It looks like the Single Six" references a six inch barrel??
I've never seen any of the Rural King exclusive guns on the Ruger website...But that definitely looks like a standard 7.5" Wrangler to me...🤔
20240424_082452.jpg

Latest posts