Does anyone else question some of the claims on this forum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

don44

Hunter
tookalisten":1leu1kcs said:
I have nothing to offer; but only wanted to post to increase my post count, thus increasing my expertise on the subject. :lol:
+1 :wink:

Chief 101

Hunter
I get a little technical advice here, and give a little. "Post count" can be inversely related to the quality of information given. I am not naming nor am I criticizing anybody, just stating facts.
Chief aka Maxx Load
PDT_Aliboronz_24.gif

BTW, this is the most credible bunch of forum members out there.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
I used to respect them "Indiana" guys until they "dumped" Bobby Knight! :mrgreen: There was an exhibition shooter, who's name escapes my memory, (Ad Topperwein maybe?) who claimed to have shot over a million rounds out of a Nylon 66! He shot small blocks of wood and glass balls. I would imagine he might have rebarreled that 66 a time or two!......................Dick :wink:

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
Pinecone":381j687e said:
I used to respect them "Indiana" guys until they "dumped" Bobby Knight! :mrgreen: There was an exhibition shooter, who's name escapes my memory, (Ad Topperwein maybe?) who claimed to have shot over a million rounds out of a Nylon 66! He shot small blocks of wood and glass balls. I would imagine he might have rebarreled that 66 a time or two!......................Dick :wink:
NO !!! The shooter with the NYLON 66 records on 2 1/4" square wood blocks would have been Tom Frye of Findley OH, a professional shooter for the REMINGTON-PETERS company in the 1950's and '60'S. HE shot at 100,000 hand thrown blocks and missed nine breaking all of Ad toepperwine's records at same.
THis is MANY decades after Adolf Toepperwine set records in exhibition shooting.

Chief 101

Hunter
Ale-8(1)":36r7lxga said:
Didn't Chief AJ do something like 40,000 blocks with a 10-22?

I could be wrong.

:)
I don't know but Chief 101 shot 2 rats with one shot yesterday!

to answer your question 'john lee' I'd have to say we take most with a grain of salt, maybe try and "think" about the logistics, time involved, the cost of ammo, etc....guess theres LOTS of guys making a boatload of money, even at the "low" ???? cost of reloading ( except in this case, being 22...) but overall, the guys we "know" do tend to do what they say, no need to build it up or make it more impressive, I tend to believe them...no matter who it is, they all still put their pants on one leg at a time.........oh gee, added another to my "post count" and I'm still learning things everyday, after 63 years, NOTHING surprises me........... :roll:

M. HALL

Bearcat
CraigC":3lch8cfk said:
Nah, that Wil Terry is just a crackpot! :wink: :p

I am sorry was that "crack SHOT" that you meant to write? When the big boss gives his blessing with over 26K posts I BELIEVE!

:lol:

Take care,

Matt

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey I was born in Findlay OH in 1957 and have this strange urge to shoot blocks of wood with my nylon 66......HMMMM........I remember my mom telling stories about being a "BLOCK TOSSER" when she was but a lass :shock: :shock: :shock:

I did meet CHIEF AJ once and man was he one CRAZY INJUN.....I certainly wouldn't want him shooting at me.....I bought one of his 30th anniversary 10/22's he made up...also got 2 of the rifles he roll marked with his name after his 40K block feat.....even got a CHIEF AJ BB gun and a CHIEF AJ TRADING CARD :roll: :roll: :roll: some guys will collect anything.... see ya RR.

CraigC

Hawkeye
M. HALL":do23hc1u said:
I am sorry was that "crack SHOT" that you meant to write?
Nope, I was just pokin' at Terry. If Terry says it, then it's true. He's probably forgotten more about shooting than most of us will ever know.

M. HALL

Bearcat
:lol: From what I have been reading on here for 5 yrs that is what I expected. I was just throwing out a little supprt with humor. (or trying to).

Take care,

Matt

HammerMTB

Bearcat
WIL TERRY":1rkh7j3y said:
Pinecone":1rkh7j3y said:
NO !!! The shooter with the NYLON 66 records on 2 1/4" square wood blocks would have been Tom Frye of Findley OH, a professional shooter for the REMINGTON-PETERS company in the 1950's and '60'S. HE shot at 100,000 hand thrown blocks and missed nine breaking all of Ad toepperwine's records at same.
THis is MANY decades after Adolf Toepperwine set records in exhibition shooting.

What I want to know is, did he save the 9 blocks he missed? :lol:

I wrote a poem about all the great information I have found on the 'net these past 10-12 years

I heard it on the Internet
I know it must be true
There's Banners there
And fancy font
And wise men not a few

I clicked on sites all round about
And hailed the people with a shout
I've found the source of knowledge fount
They've got the smarts in great amount

Now what is this? I say to you
I'll hold my breath 'til I turn blue
You mean I cannot whole believe
What every click doth soon retrieve?

It mustn't be! It isn't true!
Now where does that leave me and you
The whole thing starts to really stinkin'
If I must do my ownest thinkin'!

We have a saying in the break room - the first liar never has a chance!
No finger pointed at anyone in particular- just sayin' you can't catch a fish without someone catching a bigger one!

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
radicalrod":1ztj8zbw said:
Hey I was born in Findlay OH in 1957 and have this strange urge to shoot blocks of wood with my nylon 66......see ya RR.

I won't hold that against you. I was born up the road in Bluffton a few years before you. :mrgreen:

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
I just finished putting a million rounds through my 10-22, but I'm going to try for a few more than a million next week.
BTW my calculator says there are only 604,800 seconds in a week.

Chief 101

Hunter
nvbirdman":1ovoo0zp said:
I just finished putting a million rounds through my 10-22, but I'm going to try for a few more than a million next week.
BTW my calculator says there are only 604,800 seconds in a week.
Good job!
PDT_Aliboronz_24.gif

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey I hate calculators....they seem to make you face reality.......1,000,000 rounds divided by a brick (500) = 2000 bricks x $16.00 = $32,000 big ones...... this.could possibly be the reason I have never shot ONE MILLION ROUNDS of anything..........PLEASE check my math as I have been wrong before......BUT ONLY ONCE I swear.......see ya RR.

Latest posts