Does anyone else question some of the claims on this forum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I can vouch for Wil Terry. He shoots a LOT and he's an excellent shooter.

Now, as far as post count goes, the boss around here has way too many......... :D

flatgate

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
I just wonder how they keep track?

I tried to keep a round count on one of my Rugers once. I made it to around 1000 and gave up. Now I couldn't tell you within 2000 rounds how many I've shot through it.

I have a Marlin from 1980 that's killed a lot of rabbits and other critters, and has been used for plinking, fun shooting, and targets as well.

But I can't tell you whether it's had 20,000 rounds, 50,000 rounds, 200,000 rounds, or 500,000 rounds through it. I really have no idea.

Wobble

Bearcat
If you are 63 years old and are just now figuring out that what most people tell you, either in person or on the Internet, is part truth and part fantasy, you still have a lot of learning to do. In many cases, people's whole lives are a fantasy!

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Snake45":1wjefw98 said:
john lee":1wjefw98 said:
Once again someone posts that they have shot over a million rounds through their 10.22.
I just did some searching and couldn't find that post. What thread was it in?
Snake ... I couldn't find that thread about the million rounds through the 10/22 either :lol:

John Lee ... As far as tracking your annual round count (and I've also shot between 25K & 26K each of the last 3 years and am on pace to do it again this year) it's easy when you keep a spread sheet for each of your guns that includes round count per session, mods, warranty/repair, etc. (It's not much different than tracking the mileage and service/repair intervals on your vehicles).

There are certainly many tall tales on the internet that ensnare the gullible (maybe even some here :shock:), but for people who choose to lie about such trivial items as round count or group size to establish credibility ... they have much larger issues :lol:

Flash

Buckeye
I find it extremely hard to believe that someone has fired 1,000,000 rounds since it equates to 100 rounds per day for 30 years but it's just my opinion. :roll:

Snake45

Hawkeye
BuckJM53":11c0ye9c said:
John Lee ... As far as tracking your annual round count (and I've also shot between 25K & 26K each of the last 3 years and am on pace to do it again this year) it's easy when you keep a spread sheet for each of your guns that includes round count per session, mods, warranty/repair, etc. (It's not much different than tracking the mileage and service/repair intervals on your vehicles).
I just write mine down in a dedicated spiral (steno) notebook, and also enter my log in a simple Word document.

nmscuba

Bearcat
Snake45":1w479a74 said:
john lee":1w479a74 said:
However with that said, I never shot a rabbit unless I could hit it in the eye at full run - both me and the rabbit.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

A million rounds though a 10/22 is not outside the realm of possiblity or believability, but I'd want to see or hear some details or proof of some kind.

I've shot 25,000 rounds per year for the last three years (over 75K total, every round logged and accounted for in two separate sets of documents), and I can tell you that when I've posted those figures on three or four different gun boards, there aren't many people who post that they've shot more than that. I can think of three or four fellows but that's about it.

BTW, it takes a pretty dedicated effort to shoot 25K a year. It might be a lot easier for someone who can step outside his back door and blast off a hundred rounds or a few hundred every time the mood moves him, [/b]but for someone who has to pack up a bunch of stuff and drive to a formal range, in a climate where it's just too damn nasty to do so at least three to four months every year (or more), it's a pretty fair amount of work, I can tell you.

I'm hoping to do it again this year, and then, after I hit a documented 100K, I'm going to back off to maybe 10-15K a year from here on.

Well I live out in the counrty and I do shoot in my backyard and trust me I don't even come close to 75,000 rounds LOL Between all my guns I still might only do 5 to 6000 a yr MAX

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I have nothing to offer; but only wanted to post to increase my post count, thus increasing my expertise on the subject. :lol:

Chief 101

Hunter
This is a very revealing and interesting thread..
engarde.gif

john lee

Bearcat
Snake45":9njid9mp said:
john lee":9njid9mp said:
Once again someone posts that they have shot over a million rounds through their 10.22.
I just did some searching and couldn't find that post. What thread was it in?

It was in the second post of the "Who didn't own a 10-22 as a kid?" Also, my original question wasn't meant to challenge anyone's honesty, just thought it was interesting to note that "can you top this" is alive and well.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I'm not playing "can you top this?", I'm just stating facts relevant to myself. Lots of guys shoot more than I do; lots shoot less. Lots shoot better than I do; lots don't shoot as well. :wink:

I've learned that with the possible exception of benchrest, skill will beat equipment almost every time. :wink:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
john lee":3gbgafy4 said:
Also, my original question wasn't meant to challenge anyone's honesty, just thought it was interesting to note that "can you top this" is alive and well.

So long as there is a gathering of males, there'll be such "I can top that" talk going on. Some find it a necessity for compensatory reasons. Others interject for non-self-inflation purposes. It's in the way it's said and in other words from the person one can deduce who's factual and who's not.

wwb

Hunter
Goodness!!!! Why would anyone ever doubt anything posted on the internet???

Not just this forum, but the seemingly infinite number of forums and blogs out there... they cover every subject imaginable, and you just know that EVERYTHING posted is gospel!!!

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh the thing I find AMAZING in this thread is that SNAKE45 posts more per day than ALE-8 :shock: :shock: :shock: I haven't checked my PPD but I know I am not in eithers LEAGUE :D :D :D as for rounds fired per year I believe I buy more guns than rounds that I FIRE :lol: :lol: :lol: I did shoot the WINGS off a GNAT at 20 paces once right after I stayed at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS :roll: :roll: :roll: se ya RR.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
john lee":kx95b012 said:
Once again someone posts that they have shot over a million rounds through their 10.22, That would mean at least 20,000 boxes of .22 shells. I'm now old enough (63) to question what I read, even on this website. However with that said, I never shot a rabbit unless I could hit it in the eye at full run - both me and the rabbit.

I always consider that I don't know anything about 99% of the people I interact with on the 'net. That is why I post under my real name. If you don't believe what I say then you can come visit me and see for yourself. :mrgreen: