Need advice on this Lipsey's/Tyler exclusive single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bornintheussr

Bearcat
Hey guys,

I came across this single six for $700 NIB. Just wanted to get general opinion if it's fair price or em I getting ripped off
They made 100 units of engraved version ser # 1-100 and 150 units of this plain Jane serial # 101-250 in 2018
Features CCH Tyler hammer and trigger, hand fitted grips and fixed sight.
What you think?

14351561_01_ruger_single_six_lipseys_tyler_640.jpg
14351561_03_ruger_single_six_lipseys_tyler_640.jpg

bornintheussr

Bearcat
this is engraved version but obviously I cant afford it

Screenshot (201).png

Tyler-Gun-Works-RSSE-1-768x997.png
Tyler-Gun-Works-RSSE-2.jpg

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
For me, and only MY preference, there's way too many Old Models available for me to spend $700 on a new model.

Typically guns designed as limited edition, commemorative, special edition, anniversary models, etc. need to remain mint, unfired to retain a value.

But, some folks have these as their main focus too so ….. diversity is what can make the hobby fun,

contender

Ruger Guru
Obviously the engraved version will command a premium. It mimics the original OM RSSE models.

As for the price of the "plain" one,, I'd say it's probably about right. Not too much and not too cheap.

G2

Hunter
I think the price is fair for both,,, IF you're looking for a single cylinder gun that has had some nice work done to it.

EXTRAS;
The CC trigger/hammer, IMO; is better than Stainless. +$75 / finish
The grips are way better than the Plastic that similar models were shipped with. +$50 wood / fitting, they look nice.
High Polish Blue, nice +$75-100
Unusual SN#… w/ a story, that kinda doesn't make sense.
The fact all the work is done, +$???

That same gun in Convertible 22/22M (Model 00629) sells for ~$550. Sell the Magnum Cylinder -$75,,, Net $475.

Bottom Line———— Your not going to buy the standard gun and do that much work/parts & finish for any less.

It's a nice gun and the value is there. You need to ask yourself is the +~$200 worth it to you.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
If the hammer and trigger are great, maybe it's worth it at today's prices.

In July 2010, hard to believe almost 14 years ago, I bought this 60th Anniversary Single Six (.22LR/.22 mag) for $499, new in box (Oregon, so no tax).

It's no different than any other Single Six other than a "1949-2009" emblem on it.

IMG_2595.jpeg

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well..........In some form of skewed translation, Yes, I think it approximates value. I would have pursued the 128 SN gun IF I'd known or been advised, as I own SN 28 in the Tyler RSSE. But that adds an angle a bit different than your focus on just the plain gun. The enhancements make your $700 acceptable.

I found one locally back in October of last year for $400.00. It was a consignment gun at a local gun shop and evidently, no one bothered to do their homework on the original value as it is basically ANIB. It, too, has the silver eagle "R" medallions with unfinished walnut panels as the OP's picture shows above.

(My educated guess is Ruger only made two hundred sets of the black eagles grip panels, perhaps as that was the original number to be engraved - guns 201-250 seem to have the silver eagle medallions)

Latest posts