Curious about it's worth

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Good points by Dan & backed up by Chad. To me, when I FIRST posted,, I was thinking "Long Frame." It's possibly a mistake by me,, as I'm ONLY looking at the picture.
As always, verify to be sure. Real value is affected by that fact.

correct,,,we just wondered as to the spacing on the bottom, front edge of the inner case material ( the flat thin space below the bottom edge of the grips)...usually on the 'long frames" that space is very narrow, does not seem so on the pictured gun above,,,and as Ty noted will affect the value of the package in its 'entireity......
this brings back memories of the first "cased" Super I had ever even thought about buying at Tulsa many years ago, serial number #31, and I had to really"think about" it, but our friend the late Carl L. ( yes our 'flatgate' bought it) kinda wish I had BUT being the underside was "very" speckled, mottled, spotty and yes even "rusted" some were pits........every one there said to get it and refinish it and as I well know, it would have been an awesome job....BUT in the end run it would be "refinished" ( restored)?? but NOT original ( but then again by now all the old timers who "knew" ,,are about all gone............:unsure::cool::rolleyes:;)

Latest posts