44 sheriff's model worth

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Papalote

Single-Sixer
I an talking to a guy about his LNIB 3.75 inch sheriffs model new vaquero. What are these going for these days. Thanks in advance.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
That's a very good deal especially if is in 'like new' condition and has the original case and paperwork.

$650 is close to retail price from several years ago, but much less than today's price. A regular New Vaquero's MSRP is over $1000 now but 'gun show' price would be lower.

I just checked the Ruger web page and there were NO New Vaquero 44 Specials in listed in current production any barrel length much less a Sheriff's model, so there is that consideration. The only 44 Specials listed in current production were New Model Blackhawk 'flat tops' with adjustable sights.

Also, 44 Special ammo can be somewhat hard to find and expensive, but if you reload once you get the brass you are all set.

I don't know if they ever made any in blue.

Papalote

Single-Sixer
Ok. I picked the 44 up this morning. Not as "LNIB" as I hoped but very clean. Not supposed to have ever been shot? Cat number NV-443. Model 05146. Ser 510-979XX. Any idea when it was made? Thanks

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I have a blue Sherrif model but not a stainless one. My blue is LNIB but pre-owned and set me back $470 shipped in 2019 when they were still in production or possibly recently discontinued. All .44 Special (New) Vaqueros have been escalating in value since discontinued.

To post a pic, you can just drag the file from the folder on your computer and drop it into a post. Wait until the icon says "Move" rather than "Copy" to release the mouse button. May help to hit a couple carriage returns in the post first and whatever line your mouse pointer is on when you release the button should be where the picture appears.

G2

Hunter

assuming your sn# 510-979XX the "XX" - 01-60.
61-99 is a different model # (05418)