Brother from another mother.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
I had the best man at my wedding in the hospital for surgery last month. I walked up and asked for my brother by name. I had to present a ID to enter, even though I was in uniform. The lady asked me how we were related as he is white as snow and I am of the Hispanic persuasion. I told her he couldn't be more my brother if we shared the same mom. I worked for his dad, going through college, on a series of big ranches. His wife and mine both know we were hellions growing up together. He and one other person and the only ones I could trust with my worldly possessions and my life. I also have a "part time" son who we kept for 3.5 years while his mom got her career back together after a nasty divorce. My lodge brothers are very understanding of my 3 jobs and know why I sometimes don't attend, but they too are considered family.

Folks, we all have good friends that we consider family and we should treat them as such. I have kinfolk who wont contact me except for funerals; and that is not a good thing.
IF you still have parents and kin still alive , don't let distance separate you. Keep in touch all you can because someday all you will have is memories. I tell my disabled son" I love you , buddy"., every day because he was not supposed to live more than one year, and here he is 20 years told , I hope to keep him even longer.

Eloquently put Mexican Joe... I have family that I wouldn't whiz on if they were in flames but do have friends that are much closer than anyone I am actually related to.

I just got off the phone with a friend who broke his hip 2 weeks ago and am helping him with some things to make sure he is okay when he comes home. He called me twice when he fell and my phone went directly to voice mail with no notice of the call or voice mail. I only found out about his fall when someone told me that they saw the ambulance at his house. I apologized for not getting the message and getting him help sooner.

I have breakfast with friends often and we all try to help each other out in any way we can.
My only child died at 19 and since his death I have tried to help as many people as I can into the skilled trades in his honor. Many of my friends are retired skilled trades and have donated tools for the people who we are getting into the trades. The only thing we ask is that when they become journeymen is that they help someone as they were helped. It is working out for the most part and they are helping others with the same stipulation as was asked of them.

contender

Ruger Guru
Good post Joe.

I too have a "brother from another mother" that I grew up with. Our feelings towards each other are priceless. My brother from another mother just had a birthday this past Saturday.

Yup, I have a brother from another mother. 55 of our 68 years as best friends.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,... That was fun!"

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Yup, I have a brother from another mother. 55 of our 68 years as best friends.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail... a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,... That was fun!"
Yes sir, there have been times when we looked at each other and ask" Wonder if that will heal without a scar or disfigurement"? BUT WE HAD FUN!! 30+ miles from town on a huge ranch 2 young guys can get into all kinds of mischief.......Note to self: Cows that arent tied up proper can chase you as fast as a coyote. and the guys on horseback start placing bets on the coyote!!!