BKH34 box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've got one of tommyguns old 357 flat tops. It's in the 201xx serial range, makes it 59. I never found a box for it and now I'm wondering how rare they are and what kind of price one goes for. I'd really like to have one to match the gun. Any thoughts?

contender

Ruger Guru
Depending upon the quality of the box,, they can range from $100-$150 in general. While the ones marked; "BKH-34" are more common than the non-cataloged ones, they are still desirable in very good condition.

....so do you want ( need) the catalogged BKH34 box or the early uncatalogged box. with NO 'BKH34 ' on the end label????? this is the early one.....

answered my own question as you did say #20,xxx serial number and that is the later catalogged box, the one I pictured is for the early till around 1957......

Attachments

• Bobs BKH34 box.JPG
    Bobs BKH34 box.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Well, then I guess it's the best looking package I'm going to see. So I would like to negotiate some with you. I don't know if you need anything or not but shoot me your price and we can work on it if it makes you happy and I can be happy they will do the deal, JIMb01096ataoldotcom

contender

Ruger Guru
jimbo, it's the earlier box than the one you seek. You need one with the catalog number on it.
jussbad posted a reply to your ad in the classifieds with a pair of correct boxes.

No, the box pictured is not for sale, it was the box we all chipped in and got for the late Bob Campbell years ago....just wanted to show the era.........BUT that being said I do have another one even nicer, no markings on it at all, been saving for a 'rainy day' and have not put it out for sale, hoping to one day find an early gun for it......hhhmmm:unsure:

No, the box pictured is not for sale, it was the box we all chipped in and got for the late Bob Campbell years ago....just wanted to show the era.........BUT that being said I do have another one even nicer, no markings on it at all, been saving for a 'rainy day' and have not put it out for sale, hoping to one day find an early gun for it......hhhmmm:unsure:
I was a participant in getting that box for Bob. Surely do miss him. 😢

Amen to that 'Ale-8' was a good find for our friend Bob C ., and nice of the group to help him out....(y);)

Jimbo, the boxes that 'jussbad ( Gary) show you are what you need for your gun, and as such as quite a bit cheaper than what these "non catalog number" 357 flatops go for, these days ...I would not sell mine for less that $450....and the group paid over $500 for the one pictured how many years ago??, for Bob C's gun.......;)

chet15

Hawkeye
....so do you want ( need) the catalogged BKH34 box or the early uncatalogged box. with NO 'BKH34 ' on the end label????? this is the early one.....

answered my own question as you did say #20,xxx serial number and that is the later catalogged box, the one I pictured is for the early till around 1957......

Boxes for the.357 without catalog numbers were actually used throughout .357 flattop production... Just saw one matched to a protected sight gun 43089 which is 400 numbers higher than the last flattop made.
Even though the new catalog system came out in March 1957 (i.e. BKH3 to BKH-34), Ruger continued printing some of the boxes without catalog numbers for some of the models. The bearcat never had a catalog number on the end nor did the Mark I for the 6-7/8" barrel.
Chet15

Thank you Chad, but as I said the cost to buy a ":correct" box that the OP wants is far better, wiser, cheaper and to us a proper way to go versus the older, first issue ,costly box..u.nless it was part of the "package" with all the markings for the box as well as the shipper,paperwork inside, warranty card,etc..then that becomes another "variation" and as we all know Ruger did not waste anything,they used what they had on hand,,,and used the "sticker" ( pasted label) system....all good info to know...just want to help 'jimbo' best we can ,to save him money.........;)(y)

Latest posts