Saw this and had to laugh!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Not being a fan of tats I probably am not the best person to judge but I guess the reality is they are not trying to market to me.
It looks to me like the guy in the pictured actually might not be legally allowed to own or access a gun.... those sure look like jail house tattoos to me.
Then again I'd probably get in trouble saying that some well endowed young lady scantily clad would be a better model for the add.

Mike J

Hunter
Well, here's an update for me. Since it's winter I've been wearing Carhart overalls for work... so I don't have a belt on and stopping at a store or restaurant in between jobs I can't clip on my holster holding my Sig P239 and then a cover garment..... the only solution up until today was to switch to my Sig P290 in 9mm ... which is a small pocket pistol in double action only.... I did take it to my gun range a few weeks ago to once again prove it and I really don't like shooting it and was not that accurate with it..... but it was the best I could come up with until today. Then I realized that a number of years ago some fellow sweep friends gave me a shoulder strap purse... has Sweep's Week stenciled on the side.. this is from a yearly gathering of sweeps, View attachment 39939and the on thing could figure back then, probably 10 years or more to do with it was to sew an uncle mikes holster in it for one of my Ruger P95's.... but then I started taking serious gun classes and realized at least for me carrying concealed at 4 o'clock was the best......still is in my opinion.. but I decided today the compromise while out and about in my sweep's coveralls is the man purse with my Sig P239 in it. Easy to just sling on as I get out of the van....
You have found what works for you. I have a friend that wears overalls all the time. He told me he wears a belt & carries a CZ P07 in an IWB holster under his overalls. I've never seen him draw from there so I'm not sure how well it works. I think he wears his a bit looser than yours are in the picture.

Last edited:
Those tats look like they were done by a 4 year old.
I have seen some really bad tattoos especially when I worked at the prison. Then I have a friend who is a tattoo artist and he does beautiful work. Of the 9 tattoos that I have, he has done 7 of them and redone 1 so 8 of mine are his work. Tattoos are a personal choice, some choose not to have any while others are well tattooed. I am happy with the ones that I have. That includes the names of both my 1st and 2nd wives names. The people on here that know me personally have seen the full size pipe wrench tattoo on my right forearm. Some have even seen the coffee and doughnut on my right bicep. The work was done by a real artist. I have even seen a tattoo of a revolver grip and top of a holster on a guys side. The only thing that limits the subject of a tattoo is the human mind.

3manfan

Single-Sixer
I know a guy that keeps a revolver in a Barney book bag on the seat of his car. Who is going to give that book bag a second thought?
1708208948970.png

Well, I do need to clarify the irony of my slightly anti tattoo statement, two really good friends as well as one who has passed on had multiple tats and they are and were the some of the finest men I've ever had the honor to know.

I'll admit to carrying a 'sling bag/one shoulder backpack/'murse' whatever you may call them. When I was doing insurance fraud investigations, I often had to carry more gadgets/measuring devices/camera/assorted stuff than I could possibly hand carry. The shoulder bag was handy for that. Carrying my pistol in one?? NO WAY!!!
Just hit him with the your Murse! :ninja:

even though most of you know I'm the libtard here in many ways I'm a closet conservative. I not only get a hair cut, very short, once a month ... when ever the wife, dogs and I go on a road trip I get a haircut and shave and dress well before heading out.... the way one looks and the first impression is what often counts in a questionable situation.

I do get a kick out of how some folks dress and look... but then we all want to be different and stand out in the crowd I guess... except in the TSA line at the airport. 😊

I was given the job a few years back of 'watching the door' at our church while a classical piano concert was going on in the Sanctuary... and it seems there was also a meeting going on down in the lower part of the building... transgender support group... it was easy to direct folks to which event they wanted to attend before they even asked.

harley08

Blackhawk
even though most of you know I'm the libtard here in many ways I'm a closet conservative. I not only get a hair cut, very short, once a month ... when ever the wife, dogs and I go on a road trip I get a haircut and shave and dress well before heading out.... the way one looks and the first impression is what often counts in a questionable situation.

I do get a kick out of how some folks dress and look... but then we all want to be different and stand out in the crowd I guess... except in the TSA line at the airport. 😊

I was given the job a few years back of 'watching the door' at our church while a classical piano concert was going on in the Sanctuary... and it seems there was also a meeting going on down in the lower part of the building... transgender support group... it was easy to direct folks to which event they wanted to attend before they even asked.
I agree with the nice haircut. But come on some men like to have a mustache or beard or both!

Latest posts