Anybody order Bowen sights lately?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

870hunter

Bearcat
If so were they backordered and how long did it take you to get them? Thanks for any info

CraigC

Hawkeye
Ordered one in 2014 and it took nearly a year. Ordered two more a few months ago and don't expect to see them soon.

k2nd

Single-Sixer
I was on Bowens site today and he has posted that he has new sources machining his sights and as of May 1st will now longer accept S&W work.
k2nd

Shotter11

Bearcat
I didn't realize others had to wait so long. I just ordered one off the Hamilton Bowen website about a week ago. Haven't got it yet. I'll check in with them next week to see what the eta is.

CraigC

Hawkeye
At last year's NRA Annual Meetings, Bowen told us that his rear sight was fairly low on the manufacturer's priority list and that they were seeking a new supplier. So supply is very slow in coming. Hopefully the new one is able to keep up because his sight is the best available.

It may be silly but whenever I see a nice custom revolver pop up for sale, one of the first things I look for is a Bowen rear sight. If it does not have one, it has to be REALLY special for me to pursue it much further.

CraigC

Hawkeye
I don't think it's silly. IMHO, most customs need to have one. Although I do think the newer factory steel sights are a worthy upgrade over the old aluminum version.

Kinda like with Old Models for me. I know when shopping for the later Old Models that I'm going to have to invest another $75-$150 to change the grip frame to an XR3.

AKDRSS

Single-Sixer
I had two sights on back order thru Brownells. About 2-3 months ago they emailed me and told me the order was cancelled.

Robb Barnes said:
It may be silly but whenever I see a nice custom revolver pop up for sale, one of the first things I look for is a Bowen rear sight. If it does not have one, it has to be REALLY special for me to pursue it much further.

Speaking of which, which rear sight to you folks prefer???

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
I'm a big fan of the Rough Country.I like the white outline,I can usually sight one in with about a cylinder full of shots and they lock down tight with zero slop.I usually find that groups tighten up,compared to factory sights,due to no play in the sight blade.I've used the target sights as well and they are also excellent.

It pays to clean the adjustment screw threads and blue Loctite them,on the Rough Country.It's an appropriate name for that sight.