another winter in the can...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I just got back to town to wor...... wor....... worrr......K.....
really hard to get that word out for some reason..........

To give you the readers digest condensed version...
freeze up was long....
winter was short...
breakup was long...
trapping sucked.....
I broke pretty much everything that wasn't already broken.......
Snowshoes, chainsaws, snowmobile, all my deep cycle batteries...

It was 112 days before I could get on the river to resupply.... I had planned on 90 days or so.... so needless to say the meals got pretty bland.....
I had this jug of taco seasoning on the counter, with a picture of a huge taco on the label that bothered me to no end......

I had 4 moose that wintered with me this year.. Hillary rarely left the yard... I think I'll just build her, her own room...

Just weeks before I left home I had a large brown bear sow and her yearling cub wander into my yard. It is strange for them to come so close.... My girl dog kaksi reminded her that, this was not her yard and they both scooted pretty quicky...
I'm sure that she is the same large sow that comes thru, but I haven't seen het in a long time, and never so close... But she always takes off on a dead run the minute she is spotted or gets drift, so I'm thinkin she is the same one? Or maybe a daughter?

What troubled me more was the black bear sow and cubs that came in a few days later. Kaksi tree'd the cubs, but mom wouldn't move... it was a mexican stand off until about 2am.... neither giving any ground.....
Kaksi made me proud with her manoeuvring... she was never in any danger, and I hope she got the message across that this was the wrong yard.....
But.....
A friend of a guy who has a weekend place a way's from me came up to stay for breakup.... He left late april, but what I gt through the spruce telegraph when I got in was that he was concerned because he left food on the counter...... and the bear was coming from that direction...
I tell ya... I get so aggravated by people who don't think.... Do people not get it, that it puts every cabin in the area at risk......
geeze louise people....
Anywhoo.... that is my rant....
I'll be starting wor......wor.......k....... soon to try and replace and fix my broke stuff.... I just need a few days to re-acclimate to all this noise...
I have a few vids up if you are interested, or just bored out of your skull.....

https://youtu.be/6IIdhNlYdA4 me gathering water....

https://youtu.be/w3GAxEqkCLM my yamaha backup snowmobile.... which saved my butt this winter....

I will try and catch up on things here this week...I'll be around ya'll...

ciao....

Mus408

Hunter
and somebody mistakenly opened up the July can of Summer before they finished the May can of Spring here along the Mid Atlantic area! 90's and high humidity on the way this weekend.

Mus408 said:
and somebody mistakenly opened up the July can of Summer before they finished the May can of Spring here along the Mid Atlantic area! 90's and high humidity on the way this weekend.
Left Havre de Grace, MD Sunday night and drove to Cape Cod. 85 degrees and HUMID when left, arrived here and it was 65, rain, and windy. Mom Nature loves to mess with us.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Reuben, glad you made it through the weird winter ok. Winter was weird all over the place. I hope you have a productive summer. Glad your dog won the important battles. A lot of the animal world is posturing.

Latest posts