$399 + tax for brand new SR9c from local gun shop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
HAHA HELIMAN ... I must've been typing while you were posting !!

Shipping was included in the $365 price .... all you'd have to do is pay the transfer fee on your end .... you would pay no tax at your end. If transfer fees were $20-25, you'd be at $385 - 390 OTD, not the $399 + tax + PICS at your shop, which would be at least $430 OTD at your shop.

No dog in the hunt, just letting you know. Maybe you can use the numbers here as leverage for a little better deal.

REV

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
Would love to know the build date on his. I believe he also only had the Black Alloy and not the Brushed Stainless.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I'm sure he'll tell you if you ask ... Might even be able to get the stainless one ... I don't think it's any more money ....

REV

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
I'm getting mine for $419.99 before tax and will take it home for a few peenies under $440............
Just hope the wait aint too long once I pay and the dealer orders it.

A

Anonymous

A local shop is having "Ruger Days" today and tomorrow, where the National Sales Manager for Ruger will be, and will be selling the SR9C for $359.00 + tax, which puts the total @ $387.72. It will be crazy there this weekend, because they are also running specials on the LCP, LCR, 10/22s, m77s and ammunition galore.

PointNshoot

Bearcat
MontaukTrl":2qhgy4j0 said:
A local shop is having "Ruger Days" today and tomorrow, where the National Sales Manager for Ruger will be, and will be selling the SR9C for $359.00 + tax, which puts the total @ $387.72. It will be crazy there this weekend, because they are also running specials on the LCP, LCR, 10/22s, m77s and ammunition galore.

WOW thats a steal......I paid 399.00 from Buds for mine

haroldg48

Bearcat
BGTHEMOGUL":2714xkt0 said:
Thanks for the replies. I'll check the other thread I made created towards this issue. For the record the grand total price would be $422.94 which is the $399 + 6% sales tax.

I paid $425 + tax here locally, so I think you've got a good deal.

Rescue 187

Bearcat
BGTHEMOGUL":26cp4hdm said:
Would love to know the build date on his. I believe he also only had the Black Alloy and not the Brushed Stainless.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the black alloy you are refering to is actually is blackened stainless which in my opinion is better.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think it's a matter of cosmetic preference ... really no difference between the two finishes from a durability point of view ... except the 'blackening' can probably wear off.

REV

Rescue 187":1ximugn8 said:
BGTHEMOGUL":1ximugn8 said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the black alloy you are refering to is actually is blackened stainless which in my opinion is better.

Actually, there has been quite a bit of discussion on this.

The blackened finish on the SR9 is blackened stainless. The blackened finish on the SR9c is coated alloy steel. Don't know why they have different materials for the two different slides. :?

WAYNO.

Rescue 187

Bearcat
Stupid me....somehow I read the original post as SR9 and didn't even notice the c...I knew my SR9 was black stainless but must confess that I dont know what the c is made of...I need to stat reading better..LOL

Rescue 187":286o0mab said:
Stupid me....somehow I read the original post as SR9 and didn't even notice the c...I knew my SR9 was black stainless but must confess that I dont know what the c is made of...I need to stat reading better..LOL

That's why, when I buy a SR9c, although I really prefer a black finish, I will have to live with the natural stainless.

I have blackened stainless on my SIG, and on my SR9, and this finish has been bullet proof. (no pun intended :lol: ) And, again, my SR9 continues to be a great gun.

Then, all I have to do is wait for the SR40c.

See ya.

WAYNO.