$399 + tax for brand new SR9c from local gun shop?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
Quick question as I'm currently shopping around to purchase my first handgun. I've decided on the SR9c from all the reviews I've read, going and personally handling one and the fact they are outright sexy.

I can pick one up locally through a friend that owns a gun shop for $399 + tax and curious if that's a good buy. I saw them at Gander Mtn for $499 + tax but not sure what they usually go for other places.

Good deal? This is for the SS model.

john16443

Single-Sixer
Don't know what neck of the woods you're in, but Turners in CA has them on sale this week for $440 + tax and the DROS fee on top of all that. I'd have to say that's doing pretty good for a brand new one.

Budsgunshop.com has them for $399 plus free shipping, but you'll have to add FFL related fees to this. You may also have some more fees from your friend.

RUGERFAN357

Bearcat
That is a good price I think. I paid $425 for mine in south central PA. My SR9c has officially become my number one favorite gun. I highly recommend it. You will love it. Keep us posted. And welcome to the forum. It is a great place.

Bill

BGTHEMOGUL":8ylp36w4 said:
Quick question as I'm currently shopping around to purchase my first handgun. I've decided on the SR9c from all the reviews I've read, going and personally handling one and the fact they are outright sexy.

I can pick one up locally through a friend that owns a gun shop for $399 + tax and curious if that's a good buy. I saw them at Gander Mtn for $499 + tax but not sure what they usually go for other places.

Good deal? This is for the SS model.

Welcome to the Forum!

$399 is a good buy. They can be had, online, for less, but when you add in shipping and give the receiving dealer a cut, you'll be up to, or above, that price. Plus, buying one that's in stock...You have the opportunity to give it your own personal inspection.

WAYNO.

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys. Just went over there and looked at it. They have it in both the SS and the Black Alloy. Will be going back tomorrow to purchase one of them. Also looked at the Glock 26 and the Smith & Wesson M&P9c to compare. Like all three guns but I'm still leaning towards the SR9c. By the way I'm located in South FL.

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
That's a great price. Cheaper then I'll get it for after taxes. My ONLY concern with the SR9c is all the issues I read about misfires and light strikes. Have these issues been resolved now that the gun has been around for a while?

GrumpyOldFart

Bearcat
BGTHEMOGUL":1gkdn461 said:
That's a great price. Cheaper then I'll get it for after taxes. My ONLY concern with the SR9c is all the issues I read about misfires and light strikes. Have these issues been resolved now that the gun has been around for a while?

I think the issues have been resolved, I was told by my LGS that my SR9c was shipped from Ruger in mid April. Only thing I have seen is some minor peening which has subsided after about 250 rounds. Never had any other issues.

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
That is good to know. I've seen loads of great reviews on the gun and I love the look and feel of it. Just have seen a few too many complaints on the misfires and obviously that is a concern.

boomer1

Single-Sixer
BGTHEMOGUL":2ow6vagu said:
That is good to know. I've seen loads of great reviews on the gun and I love the look and feel of it. Just have seen a few too many complaints on the misfires and obviously that is a concern.

Welcome to the forum! Check your other thread for my response. The price you mention is very good, of course, what is the grand total.

In the other thread, I mentioned that I cleaned and oiled it before the first shot. I should add, that included cleaning the striker chamber.

Cheers,
boomer

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I paid $425 + tax for mine a few months ago. Could have gotten it a bit cheaper online but I thought it was a fair price and supported a local business.

Mine had FTE problems with 115 grain when I first got it. After 100-200 rds of 124 grain ammo everything was nicely loosened up and no more FTE problems with any ammo. Never had a light strike with mine.

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies. I'll check the other thread I made created towards this issue. For the record the grand total price would be $422.94 which is the $399 + 6% sales tax.

BGTHEMOGUL

Bearcat
Already contacted him. By the time you add shipping and pay the fees to receive it ends up being the same price I can get it locally. Rather buy local than online incase I have an issue or problem. Just personal preference.

BGTHEMOGUL":1dt7d4af said:
Already contacted him. By the time you add shipping and pay the fees to receive it ends up being the same price I can get it locally. Rather buy local than online incase I have an issue or problem. Just personal preference.

Shipping is included in his price........ For me it is an additional $20 to receive and no tax = $385, my price.

Dave :wink: