What Does your Dealer Charge

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
10.00 at two different places.

i don't know if you know this, but you can go on gunbroker, hit "for buyers", hit "find a transfer dealer", and punch in your zip code. it will list dealers in order of their distance from you, and includes their price, phone number, email, address, etc.

i use it all the time. i even use it for sellers, to help them find someone close to them, if they don't know anyone.

it is handy! good luck!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
$0 here...and anything in the book from firearms,ammo,components for cost. You'd think a guy would save money!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

slowrider

Single-Sixer
$10 incoming. Usually around $25-$30 for outgoing on a handgun including packing and shipping cost.

TheDude

Single-Sixer
The three shops in town I use all charge $25 long and $30 handgun per transfer. Of course The Gistapo here in Washington State now also charges sales tax on all inbound FFL transfers.

41manor44

Single-Sixer
My dealer charges $20. He says he's trying to get new customers not drive them away. He's number one on my list to check with first.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
TheDude said:
....that means sales tax on the price of the gun plus shipping charges at 8.9%.

Thats a ripoff. :roll:

They never owned the stock (the firearm) and charge sales tax on property you bought from someone else! I'd call my state dept of revenue and report the business.

atarian

Bearcat
$35 is the cheapest around, and that means within 20 miles. Plus the state now charges "use tax" which is the equivalent of sales tax, so an online purchase that is not C&R (i.e. not shipped directly to me) is now shipping cost + $35 + 8.65%.

As was mentioned, it really cuts down on purchases online.

If you buy at an online auction (like Rock Island or whatever, not GunBroker) add another 17.5%. That's how a $300 gun ends up at $450 or more.

Doc Thornton

Bearcat
I pay $20 but if I get 2 guns from 2 different sources as I did recently,
they still only charge me $20 if I pick up both guns at the same time.

The FFL holder/dealer is SeeGifts in Hartville Ohio.

Nice folks.

edlmann

Blackhawk
writwing said:
Looking to purchase a Bisley BH from one of the guns on RF but my dealer wants $40 to bring it in.
That seems pricey, what do you guys pay?
He is not a Lipsey Dealer so he cant get the gun.

Gunbroker maintains a database of FFL dealers who will accept transfers. For instance, if you put in ZIP code 06103 (lovely downtown Hartford), click here for results.

A

Anonymous

I pay $15 per transfer and if I'm getting multiple transfers, the second one is half of the first, etc. The guy I've been using for the past 8-1/2 years has also been known to throw a free transfer my way every so often as well; I've brought him 9 new customers (co-workers and a couple of family members) and each one of them has told two friends, who've told two friends, who've told two friends, etc.

For anyone in the Purcell, Oklahoma area, I understand "Bill's Pawn" will conduct transfers for $7.

Knuckles

Buckeye
all my local dealers charge an astronomical high price thinking they will discourage you into purchasing from them... go figure! :?

I have to use an attorney who uses his FFL services to drum up a customer base, he is a Gun Lawyer and charges $15 bucks to receive and $30-$40 to ship.

Bud (knuckles)

Rocdoc

Buckeye
$20 for my regular pusher, see others on local forum discussions that are mostly mom/pop kitchen table outfits that charge $10-15.

writwing

Single-Sixer
edlmann said:
writwing said:
Looking to purchase a Bisley BH from one of the guns on RF but my dealer wants $40 to bring it in.
That seems pricey, what do you guys pay?
He is not a Lipsey Dealer so he cant get the gun.

Gunbroker maintains a database of FFL dealers who will accept transfers. For instance, if you put in ZIP code 06103 (lovely downtown Hartford), click here for results.

Yes Hartford is lovey isnt it?!! That city is run by the unions and will never get out of its mess, too bad. They think that giving it the nickname "The Rising Star" will bring people in. Well it might but when they get treated to Hartford hospitality they wont be back. After the convention center gimmick fails, my guess it that they jump onto Barry's monorail boondoggle as the next way to build prosperity in the city.

I dont like to shop for price alone, and do prefer to deal with the same shop. I thought $40 was high, but after seeing the posts here realize it isnt extremely so.

I did ask my dealer if he could get the Lipsey Bh and he couldnt so it not like I am undercutting his sales.