What Does your Dealer Charge

Help Support Ruger Forum:

writwing

Single-Sixer
Looking to purchase a Bisley BH from one of the guns on RF but my dealer wants $40 to bring it in.

That seems pricey, what do you guys pay?

He is not a Lipsey Dealer so he cant get the gun.

hittman

Staff member
My dealer charges ~ generally ~ $20.00.

However, I've been a pretty good customer there and it's not unusual to get one "on the house".

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
My dealer charged me 30.00 for the transfer on my gun. I have a permit so he didn't have to call it in. Just the in store paperwork.

BRL

Single-Sixer
The one I went to, closest to me, $25
Others around here charge $50.
That's quite a difference.

Bkat

Blackhawk
Best price I've found in Houston is $20, at 10ring.com on Jones Rd. $30 to $40 is not uncommon. There's even one shop I know of that charges $75. I have no idea why anyone would use them.

Ruber

Single-Sixer
It depends, I'll go to my FFL for a private party transfer and he winds up charging me about $10 ($1 per day it's gotta stay in his safe :roll: )

From a distributor I'll use my local gun shop and $40-60 is about right for me, this still winds up being much, much less than MSRP. I don't haggle too much for it, it's nice having a dealer open late that I can more or less walk to. These guys will order a NIB gun for me at the same cost as one on the shelf just because it's got dust in the action.

Having a storefront with lots of models to pull down and check out costs a bunch, especially in southern California, I've got no problem with supporting my local GS... :wink:

pzlehr

Bearcat
It costs me $10.00 from my dealer who is also a Police Officer. I have dealt with other dealers before I found this one and they charged anywhere from $25.00 to $40.00.

Chuck

5of7

Hunter
I do a lot of transfers and the going rate is $20.

If I had a store front business, it might be more because whenever a potential customer buys a gun online, you just might have lost a sale.

flatheadsal

Single-Sixer
my dealer is $40 handguns, $30 for rifles, most others around here are $60 to $75 for handguns, they think all us Long Islanders are rich I guess

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

Haven't done a transfer for sometime now. I seem to remember about $30 was the going rate. It is of course up to the individual FFL holder. They can charge whatever they want. I don't begrudge them the money to do the paperwork, but I put as many guns on my C&R as possible, to avoid the charges.