What did you pay for your SR1911 ? This should be good !!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

What did you pay (BEFORE taxes and fees) for your SR1911 ?

• $550-575

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • $576-600

Votes: 28 10.1%
  • $601-625

Votes: 27 9.8%
  • $626-650

Votes: 44 15.9%
  • $651-675

Votes: 26 9.4%
  • $676-700

Votes: 72 26.1%
  • $701-725

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • $726-750

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • $751-775

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • $776-800

Votes: 19 6.9%

• Total voters

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
meanc said:
USA SHARK said:
meanc said:
Paid less than a tank of gas.

Found out, it was worth less.

Since you've made that comment on more than one post, I'll give you my response again too... You get what you pay for.

If you truly bought it for $100 it is either stolen, used in a crime, or a piece of junk someone dumped on you after they screwed it up.

I can tell you're new here, so I'll cut you some slack. I'll just say you don't know what you're talking about and offer some advice... It's better to keep your ignorance to yourself than open up your mouth (or in this case, post on a forum) and remove all doubt.
Well, you're not new here, so you ought to know better. If you want to claim that you bought a new SR1911 at an arms-length transaction (gun store, dealer, etc.) for $100, then you're either crazy or a liar.

If you bought it from your buddy or brother-in-law, that's a different thing altogether and isn't relevant to what the market prices are for these guns.

meanc

Single-Sixer
Do yourself a favor Bigbore, and read the thread title.

It says absolutely nothing about market value, regional value, or book value, now does it?

So, I'm guessing what I payed is every bit as relevant as what everyone else said they paid.

Imagine how many of the world's troubles would disappear if people actually used a little thought instead of being in such a hurry to say something just to be heard.

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
meanc said:
Do yourself a favor Bigbore, and read the thread title.

It says absolutely nothing about market value, regional value, or book value, now does it?

So, I'm guessing what I payed is every bit as relevant as what everyone else said they paid.

Imagine how many of the world's troubles would disappear if people actually used a little thought instead of being in such a hurry to say something just to be heard.
Do yourself a favor there, sport and read what I posted. See if you can figure it out.

meanc

Single-Sixer
Well junior, there's not much there a 3rd grader couldn't figure out, but I'm happy you thought you had a point, albeit an irrelevant one.

I'm guessing you had a little trouble comprehending my post, though. It's okay. I won't tell. If only you could have understood the last sentence in my post.

Anyway, glad you have a place to post and feel important. So, please continue having a nice day.

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
meanc said:
Well junior, there's not much there a 3rd grader couldn't figure out, but I'm happy you thought you had a point, albeit an irrelevant one.

I'm guessing you had a little trouble comprehending my post, though. It's okay. I won't tell. If only you could have understood the last sentence in my post.

Anyway, glad you have a place to post and feel important. So, please continue having a nice day.
Well, you obviously couldn't figure it out. Maybe you can get your Daddy-brother to explain it to you.

meanc

Single-Sixer
LOL.

Well junior, you must have posted it before you thought the whole thing out. I'm guessing it would have sounded a lot a different, right?

I'm thinking you should just take a step or two outside and get some fresh air. It'll do you good.

Old Texan

Bearcat
$700 cash, tax included at local gun show. Included 2 usual mags plus 2 more. Full size, NIB.

bowfita

Bearcat
I paid $685 plus tax for a Carhartt thermos

carhartt-thermos-p_01_zps565feafd.jpg

and got a Ruger 1911 Commander for free (they said it normally sells for $30!):

Ruger1911001_zps51d414ae.jpg

I have black grip panels from Ruger on order. They cost as much as the gun!

Lot of money for a stupid thermos though, eh?

Of course the thermos was a "You get to choose one gift from these selections when you spend 'X' amount".

I already had a flashlight. :D

Mike J

Hunter
That's one really nice looking thermos Bowfita, maybe the pistol will be all right too. :)

MoMan73

Bearcat
$699 + $61(tax)= $760 OTD.
Mine is a commander model. I love this pistol, I almost sold my Kimber after shooting my SR!
Decided to keep both, I figured what they hell, nothing wrong with having two 1911s right!!??

cleardatum

Single-Sixer
meanc said:
LOL.

Well junior, you must have posted it before you thought the whole thing out. I'm guessing it would have sounded a lot a different, right?

I'm thinking you should just take a step or two outside and get some fresh air. It'll do you good.
successful troll is successful.

Nowin

Bearcat
...bought new full-size SR1911 in June 2013 from my local FFL shop (does a lot of rifles and eclectic consignment more than new handguns) at $698.00. Bigger volume shops in Boston area were $699.-$729.00 at the time. Add tax of 6.25% here in Mass of $43.62.

Lovin' the 1911.

/eddie

doctorj77

Bearcat
Got mine used in a trade. I traded a Taurus M44 for my SR1911 made 2012, straight up. Only had $400 into the 44. I looked that thing over, inside & out. Not a single thing wrong with it. I guess the guy really wanted a Taurus. ...... :)

old 41

Bearcat
Commander, $675 OTD was the deal we agreed to. So at 6% sales tax, it would be just a tad under $650 before tax.

Gimmeguns

Bearcat
$529.00 plus tax at adventure outdoors in Smyrna this past Saturday. Got an email from them with the gun listed, nearly fell outta my chair!
Had to ask for the deal, they had 78 when they started that morning, by the time I got there, they were less than 60 left.

Latest posts