Well four holes are touching

Help Support Ruger Forum:

but shot #2 was out about 3/4". So said Son while conducting a velocity/accuracy check on some 'practice loads' for the 7mm08 Grandson is going to use on his elk hunt. Maybe I could adjust the charge and do a bit better next time?? I said 'shooter error' more than ammo deficiency is the culprit. Then both of us chuckled. Middle of the road powder charge of the handiest powder at my bench with OAL listed in the manual. Plenty good enough for practice ammo. OK, maybe I will see if a slight powder charge adjustment makes a difference.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Stupid target must have moved,,,,,, only explanation. :unsure:
Just tell the grandson to kill it with the first shot and it won't be a problem.

It's hard for me to say 'good enough'. Darn if a random load is that good, just how much better might it get?
The rifle is an older Savage 110 7mm08 with a RamLine synthetic stock and still has the factory trigger. Not great but better than some I've used and generally 'kid proof'.

I have an old Savage 110, about 40 or so years old, that is bone stock, in 270 Win. It never seemed to shoot like a 270 ought to until I tried some 150 gn Fusion ammo in it. That was suddenly a sub 1MoA load in this gun that normally grouped 2-3". Now, I gotta work up a load to duplicate that factory load as it gets hard to find in my area. Once you find a load those rifles like, it becomes a whole lot easier to bring home some game.

Guess what, I have hunting rifles of 1/2 dozen different brands and as many different calibers but the rifle I prefer is an older 110 with custom 24" 25/06 barrel and Hogue stock with Timney trigger. It's without a doubt killed more game with fewer misses than any other rifle I own.