Weather vs Clothing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevemb

Hunter
I am most definitely geared to cold weather. Hate the heat. I'm a lifelong snowbelt person. Most anytime it's above 60 you'll see me in shorts. Where I'm going with this is maybe half of my short pants are Carhart Duck Work Shorts. The rest of varying camo patterns. But when in the Carharts, and at just the right level of "tan-ness", I look nekkid to folks driving down the road that just glance over and see me in the yard. Just had a full on brake slammin' event. Then a friendly wave. LOL ! Just another way to have fun around here.

coach

Hunter
That reminds me of the old days when tube tops were popular. You'd be driving down the road or pull up to a stop light and glance over and think the girl next to you was driving topless. :shock: Never was the case though. :lol:

jack

Single-Sixer
Arrrrgggghhhh !! Where's the eye bleach? :mrgreen: :lol:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Well, I hate to disagree with you, but my take on the subject is that men's legs were never meant to be displayed in public, nor big toes either, for that matter. There is a certain decorum that should be maintained, and common decency dictates that that should be followed. If you must wear shorts and sandals, confine them to your own dwelling and backyard, which hopefully has a modesty fence.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob Wright

737tdi

Hunter
Steve: I am completely opposite. I hate the cold and enjoy the heat (to a point). I guess it has to do with where one grew up. I am totally happy with upper 90s and am miserable below 50. Over 100 I start to complain a bit but can still deal with it. As far as shorts I only where them around the house, haven't been in public in shorts in 50 years.

Karl

blume357

Hawkeye
Give me cold any day..... I have to work out in the heat most days... and even heat that the average person does not know about.... can't take 165-185 degrees like I used to.... (a black roof in the middle of day in S.C.)... most attics are around 150 or above too.

yesterday was a 4 tee shirt day...

TCGuy

Single-Sixer
Bob Wright said:
Well, I hate to disagree with you, but my take on the subject is that men's legs were never meant to be displayed in public, nor big toes either, for that matter. There is a certain decorum that should be maintained, and common decency dictates that that should be followed. If you must wear shorts and sandals, confine them to your own dwelling and backyard, which hopefully has a modesty fence.

Bob Wright

So I guess it's fair to say that you're not keen on kilts.

:D

Mobuck

Hawkeye
I think I insulted the UPS driver one day last fall. It was turning colder and I made the comment about his shorts. He replied he didn't like to wear long pants. I made some comment about "How did he feel about skirts for summer?" and don't think he took it as a joke.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
TCGuy said:
Bob Wright said:

Bob Wright

So I guess it's fair to say that you're not keen on kilts.

:D

Never been around kilt wearers that much. But the kilt displays far more dignity, especially when worn correctly, than the slouch shorts some men wear today.

Bob Wright

coach

Hunter
We had a ups driver that always wore shorts even in December. The guy obviously spent a lot of time in the gym and liked to show off.
My guess was his secret for staying warm was to splash on extra cologne. I could tell when he had been there by the odor left in the stair well.

vito

Hunter
I'm old enough that I really don't care what other folks think of my attire. Once it starts getting to 70 degrees or more, my primary choice of clothing is shorts and sandals, with a t-shirt or button front short sleeve shirt worn outside the pants (so that the bulge of my firearm is not as noticeable). I pretty much only put jeans on when I plan on riding my motorcycle since shorts with boots does look pretty silly and is uncomfortable on the bike! My wife sometimes bugs me saying I should lose about 30 pounds before I wear a t-shirt as outerwear but I dress to be comfortable not stylish. And you should see me when I go bicycling in my spandex biking shorts! (I would post a selfie but I think I would end up cracking the lens of the camera or cause mayhem and fear when the photo was posted!).

DGW1949

Hunter
I agree with Mr Wright that grown men should dress like grown men.
I don't even own a pair of shorts or sandals. Matter of fact, I don't even own a pair of shoes....so regardless of the weather, it's jeans, a shirt, a hat, and boots for me.

DGW

stevemb

Hunter
Your opinion is always welcome Bob Wright, always read by me. We can disagree. There is a place for decorum. My rural acreage, doing yard work, my dress code. Where I work is similar to a steel mill. Never comes below 70, most of the year it's 90+. The upper decks and cat walks go to 130 and beyond. I have to wear long handled clothing for safety, lots of PPE stuff to. Once I'm off the clock, comfort rules.

stevemb

Hunter
Guess it's a cultural thing, society driven. Dad wore shorts in the yard, fishing, etc.. The dress code for the whole country has slacked off I admit. Am wearing short right now, so ya may want to turn your 'puter screens away.... !

Latest posts