Vaquero .45LC Custom Editions?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
First thread started here...

I saw a Vaquero .45LC Customs Editions at a LGS with box and the Certificate of Authenticity. It said "Edition of 250" on the certificate. It was very clean at a cheaper price. It's identical to this one: https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...uger-vaquero-blued-45-lc.cfm?gun_id=102570869

I'm not familiar with Ruger's Custom Editions offerings. Does anyone have one of these or any info? Would you consider adding this one to your collection?

I don't currently own a Vacquero but have a 3-screw unconverted Ruger BH .357 and enjoy shooting it.

Thanks for any advice in advance...

PS: fixed the link

Last edited:

hittman

Staff member
The link redirects me to the S&W Forum.
I'm not familiar with the term "Customs Editions" but assume it's an "exclusive" from a wholesaler like Davidsons or Lipseys.

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
Sorry hittman, copy-n-paste error. I fixed the link. I assume it was out of the Ruger Custom Shop but not too sure.

hittman

Staff member
FYI others may come along and know it's something super rare ( obscure? ) that an independent customizer did. But with what little I know at this time I'd take a hard pass at $1,200.00 too. There's lots of stuff I do NOT know …. Just ask the wife.

DutchV

Bearcat
A little gold paint doesn't make it a custom. Those lines look like a stencil, not gold inlay.

A new Vaquero costs a lot less. And good used ones aren't hard to find. I'd keep looking.

contender

Ruger Guru
Not a factory Ruger offering.

Often,, a company can buy a specific number of a certain model, and make an aftermarket "custom" and sell them as something special. I'd say that's the case here.

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
FYI others may come along and know it's something super rare ( obscure? ) that an independent customizer did. But with what little I know at this time I'd take a hard pass at $1,200.00 too. There's lots of stuff I do NOT know …. Just ask the wife.
Thanks hittman. The "Customs Editions" is a little deceiving and probably why I couldn't turn up anything from the Ruger Custom shop.

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
A little gold paint doesn't make it a custom. Those lines look like a stencil, not gold inlay.

A new Vaquero costs a lot less. And good used ones aren't hard to find. I'd keep looking.
Thanks DutchV, it did look a little cheap in person. This Vaquero won't be my first one...

firefiterjohn

Bearcat
Not a factory Ruger offering.

Often,, a company can buy a specific number of a certain model, and make an aftermarket "custom" and sell them as something special. I'd say that's the case here.
Thanks contender, I appreciate the info on this one. Their marketing and authenticity sounds catchy, glad I didn't buy that one.

Latest posts