Vaquero .45 convertible?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hankus

Blackhawk
I ran across this one in a LGS that I rarely visit yesterday. It's a "Special Edition" convertible from 2000. It includes the box, spare cylinder and lock, but no spent casing or any paperwork so its "collectibility" value is low. The bore and the ends of the .45C cylinder are pretty heavily leaded, otherwise it's in fine shape. As you can see it's on consignment and the price has dropped from an outrageous $1199 down to a slightly less outrageous $1099. I think I might go back this weekend and offer something more like $800, and explain that I can get a new Bisley Blackhawk convertible for $1000 right now …

Attachments

• IMG_7199.jpeg
    IMG_7199.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 46

contender

Ruger Guru
Make sure it's a factory convertible. Look on the box to see what the label says. And double check the end of the spare cylinder for the last 3 digits of the serial number.
The paperwork can be replaced. The spent casing stuff,, not as important. (Not all guns shipped with those,, even during the "period" many thought it necessary.)

Hankus

Blackhawk
S/N search lists it as convertible.
I agree the spent casing and envelope don't detract from value.
Ruger will probably send you an owners manual for free.
A picky collector may devalue it most for being shot.
Hittman, Contender; the first thing I do when I see an interesting Ruger for sale these days is pull out my phone and look up the SN on their site LOL. You all have taught me well! As an aside, the kid behind the counter (who didn't know the first thing about Ruger revolvers) told me it's been sitting there on consignment for more than three months with no interest LOL. It was sitting next to an unconverted three-screw .357 Blackhawk too, (SN range 30-xxxxx?) in the same price range. I demonstrated the action differences between the New Model and Old Model for him.

Attachments

• IMG_7201.png
    IMG_7201.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 25

loaded round

Hunter
I have the 45 Colt/45 ACP Convertible pictured above except mine is all blued and not SS. Are these convertibles that colletable? BTW, Mine is extremely accurate using the 45 ACP cylinder and using 45 ACP 200 gr LSWC ammo.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I have the 45 Colt/45 ACP Convertible pictured above except mine is all blued and not SS. Are these convertibles that colletable? BTW, Mine is extremely accurate using the 45 ACP cylinder and using 45 ACP 200 gr LSWC ammo.
It's a "Special Edition" in the black box marked as such. I haven't seen many of them. It's already been shot quite a bit judging by the leading in the bore so I wouldn't hesitate to take it to the range, IF I buy it.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I just checked on an old GB auction for one with Rugers ivory-like plastic grips. It ran for two weeks with no bids on a $1299 starting bid.

harley08

Blackhawk
I would love to own that pistol, not to collect but to target shoot and have fun!

Rclark

Hunter
I wouldn't hesitate to take it to the range, IF I buy it.
Tis why we buy guns... to shoot 'em :D.

Personally I wouldn't buy at that price, but that's just me. Also, it is a 'large' frame revolver which doesn't appeal to me for .45 Colt. And it isn't blued. But it does have the right barrel length! My case colored large frame Vaquero had really tight throats (a NIB trade before the New Vaqueros arrived). After reaming, the leading went away and accuracy went way up. The above gun may have the same problem.

Latest posts