Trade Ruger ar556 for Blackhawk 357 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

saylor

Bearcat
I've been offered a stainless new model Blackhawk 357 for my Ruger ar556. Seem like a fair trade but would like others advice. Thanks

saylor

Bearcat
Mine is base model ar the Blackhawk has gold filled lettering and (marble) looking grips. He said they are factory with box and papers.

hittman

Staff member
New Model stainless? No.
Old Model? Yes.

But I'm an Old Model guy.

Close enough to equal value, if both parties are pleased, it's a good trade.

Hasn't been that long ago, when there was a glut of AR's, Ruger AR's were selling for $450. They've again increased somewhat just because of the most recent ammo and black gun shortage, but I hope the increase will be temporary.

wproct

Single-Sixer
For me it would be a definite yes. But, I am not in to AR rifles, but I am in to Single action Rugers big time.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Gun Broker is loaded with $400 plus AR 556 rifles. .357 Blackhawks bring more money. My AR 556 shoots 1/2" groups with several different loads. The Blackhawks cost more to get into.

Ruger 556 is a bit more expensive than a Blackhawk. To my surprise I was on Rugers site and the BlackHawks list for about 669.00 The 556 is start at 799.00 Suggested retail price
Take it from there. ps

Whatever floats your boat. They're two entirely different guns with entirely different shooting niches.

A personal comment . . . the only gun mistakes I've made were in trading off a gun I had for one I thought I simply couldn't live another moment without. :wink:

Latest posts