Thanks to Ruger Customer Service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
Purchased a Model 77 338 with serial number starting at 73. It was missing the rear sight. Someone on this forum suggested I call Ruger after I advertised a WTB. I called and within five minutes of conversation had a free sight coming my way. One can't ask for better service. Thanks Ruger.

pete44ru

Hunter

Ruger's one of, if not, the best firearms companies for CS.

I bought a ca.1960 RSSM online that had two of it's chambers too tight to load/poke-out cartridges/empty brass, which I sent in to have the two chambers reamed out slightly.

Two weeks later, I got the RSSM back with TWO new cylinders (LR/WMR) fitted, AND the original WMR cylinder bagged & tagged as "do not use".

My cost: the bubble ! :shock:

I later ordered & used a .22WMR chamber Flex Hone ( https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/shotgun-tools/barrel-hones-accessories/rifle-polishing-system-prod651.aspx ) and repaired the two tight chambers myself.

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
Ruger service has always been excellent in my experience.

1. Buddy bought a used Blackhawk .357 revolver. Sent it back for the upgrade, no cost to him except shipping to Ruger.
2. I bought a Blackhawk .357 revolver. Cases would drag after firing and rotating around. Sent it to Ruger, basepin was replaced, no charge for the repair or return shipping.
3. Purchased a 1989 M77 in .257 Roberts in 2004. After a decade of my use, it developed a problem where the bolt had to be jiggled to eject a cartridge. (Bolt would not come backwards.) Sent it to Ruger, no charge for repair or return shipping.
4. Bought a new Hawkeye .300WM as a wedding gift for a son-in-law. Rifle was a display rifle and had minor scratches in the bluing and wood. Called Ruger to ask about cost or repair, answer was $0. They reblued and replaced the stock with a VERY nice African stock (ebony tip, crossbolt). No charge for return shipping, either.

Ruger M77/MKII/Hawkeye rifles have a rep for not being the most accurate rifles around. Several years ago I was getting ready to go hunting and wanted a last scope check. Had my MKII .338WM and .30-06, both stainless with boatpaddle stocks. (The .30-06 came in a laminate stock, which I still have.) After a shot or two with each at 100, I went for clay pigeons on the 600 yard berm. It took 3 shots with the .338 to hit one and 2 shots with the .30-06. Done. :) A week or so ago I asked a guy to spot for me while I shot at a clay at 600 with the same .30-06. Turns out I didn't need a spotter because my first shot blew it up. :) :) :) Got one with my Hawkeye .280 Rem week ago, too.

Superior service and rugged, reliable products have made me an unabashed Ruger fan.