Tennessee VW plant goes union

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan in MI

Staff member
These counties cover almost all of Southeast MI. Oakland historically has been one of the top ten richest counties in the country. (due to auto execs) It includes Royal Oak and Ferndale listed above. Washtenaw is Ann Arbor (U of M) Macomb borders Wayne (Detroit, Hamtramck ) and Oakland. Livingston is farmland being bought up as the rich move away from cities.

CaptureOak.JPG

bobski

Hunter
garden state pkwy in jersey use to be all baskets.
they lost money when one would jam and countless cars would drive thru.
they brought back humans.
but then....easypass came along.
now robots take pics of cars that dont pay.
give it time....cash will go away and those workers will be out of work.

I grew up in a union household and about the worst crime one could commit would be to cross a picket line. But despite being a union member at my first job, I have sat on the management side of the table most of my life. Personally I have seen unions as more negative than positive, but in a free enterprise system, I have no problem with the concept of unions. If the workers vote for it, then good for them, or bad as it may turn out to be. My real problem is with public employee unions which are totally a detriment to our society. So when I heard about the UAW winning this representation election, my first thought is that VW is just getting the union that they must deserve.