Hate this plant

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just thinking this morning, I don't think there is a plant I hate more than Brazilian Pepper. Almost impossible to kill, spreads like wildfire. Takes over everything.
We have a few others, but I don't think anything rivals this.
Maybe iys the shrub/tree version of Kudzu.
What about your neck of the woods.

When I lived in New Mexico, we had to deal with a bunch, all at once: Malta star- thistle (which can poison your livestock), and goatheads, and Scotch thistle, and bull thistle, and tumble weeds, and prickly pear, and horse cripplers, and of course mesquite popping up everywhere (including the middle of the lawn), although we would throw the mesquite bean pods into our barbecue, to add a nice mesquite flavor to whatever we were cooking. Not even the harvester ants or fire ants would eat any of 'em (but I guess the stinging insects are another story). The neighbors would burn their weeds, which didn't do squat, but we figured out that pulling things up by the roots eventually got 'em mostly under control (except for the mesquite).

Loved that place - seven acres of heaven that we planned to retire on, with a horse barn, hay barn, & Olympic riding arena, fruit trees, nut trees, a great well, plus a shop building that I could shoot from, out onto public land. Had to move from there to Colofornia for work. Worked out ok in the long run, I guess!
:)

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Kudzu is one I've been hearing about down in the S.E. Up in NY bamboo is becoming a big problem. People are planting it on their property as decorative plants and quickly it starts popping up in neighbors lawns. Hard as heck to get get rid of. Made it illegal in some towns to plant

Mike J

Hunter
Saw Briar is what comes to my mind. It, Virginia Creeper & privet tend to pop up on the edge of my yard where the woods are. Usually about this time every year I get out & limb trees & try to push everything back to keep my yard from being overrun. I'm not to thrilled about dandelions either. We live on the side of the hill. Everything from up the hill washes through our yard leaving seeds behind.

China Sumac/Tree of Heaven. An introduced invasive tree that spreads by seed (millions of them) and suckers. It has the charming ability to exude a chemical that impairs the growth of other nearby plants. Nothing eats it. Hard to kill.
I have those around here. Evidently Spotted Lantern flies like them.

Latest posts