Super Wrangler!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RansV-Rex

Bearcat
I have the original Wrangler...well made gun, but not easy for me to shoot. I like fixed sights...have a safe full of fixed sighted Ruger Vaqueros and Uberti single actions....but the sight on the Wrangler is VERY difficult for my old eyes to see. Consequently, it is pretty much a safe queen as I much prefer the Heritage over the Wrangler sights for shooting the cheaper guns. I think the adjustable sights are a great addition, but I won't be buying one.

I didn't expect to see these options together, but I guess it only makes sense to offer adjustable sights with a convertible revolver….Is this the death knell for the Single Six line?

And now we know why they haven't released the fixed sight wrangler with a 5 1/2" barrel…

$60.00 more at list price for the magnum cylinder and adjustable sights….

Last edited:

NikA

Buckeye
Looking at the specs, weight is greater than a blued Single Six and almost as much as a stainless one. To me, the only attractive thing is the price. Maybe ok for a kid's gun, but then there might be other options that are cheaper/more attractive.

Sounds like they're making the wrangler to phase out the single six. Cheaper to make better profit ?
I don't know about phasing out, but maybe a cheaper viable alternative? Single Sixes are getting pretty expensive especially for first time buyers.

Not sure about the profit angle either. Ruger is in business to make a profit but could this be a competition issue? I won't debate quality but you can buy a Heritage Arms revolver for the half the price of the original Wrangler. This is not lost on consumers. The new features may position them better in the market place. I have several Wranglers but this might entice me to buy another.

Steel frame and adjustable sights! Ok…I'm in. I wonder what street prices will settle at?

I never cared much for my Wrangler, but my Single Six is one of my favorites. The Super Wrangler looks like they made a Single Six for a "truck gun". I like it. I saw the release a day or two ago and initially wasn't interested. I liked the adjustable sights, but now that I see it has a steel frame too…gotta get one!

Gopher

Single-Sixer
I have the original Wrangler...well made gun, but not easy for me to shoot. I like fixed sights...have a safe full of fixed sighted Ruger Vaqueros and Uberti single actions....but the sight on the Wrangler is VERY difficult for my old eyes to see. Consequently, it is pretty much a safe queen as I much prefer the Heritage over the Wrangler sights for shooting the cheaper guns. I think the adjustable sights are a great addition, but I won't be buying one.
The sights are the reason I don't own one now. I will check this version out.

the biggest thing I Don't like about my Wrangler is the loading gate , it's darn hard on your thumb, they need to shape it a little different and make it easier to open