speechless on this one...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
Just because one can, doesn't mean one should. I gotta wonder if the zinc screw eye and ring are period? Oh, and that rubber buttpad too. :rolleyes: From the ad: Awesome-shooting custom Old Army carbine. Professionally assembled from quality parts.
I'd love to get the name of this "professional" so we can spread the word to NOT use their services.
My guess would be Louie the Clown. The ad didn't say WHAT profession, did it?

Lost Sheep

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271641185

I found it from this forum.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1403572#1403572
Lost Sheep

Dale53

Blackhawk
That particular auction states it is in "Very Good" condition - it exhibits speckles and a rusty bore. Where I stand, that is NOT "Very Good"...

Dale53

Rclark

Hunter
Soooo which one of you guys are buying it to see what's under that tape ;) . Hah! If S&W revolvers appeal to some, why not this? :D . Well, each to there own, but that doesn't tickle my fancy.

TCGuy

Single-Sixer
rgreen.jpg

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
Rifle stocked 1860 Colt and 1858 Remington revolvers were common during the Civil War. Trouble happend when the 1858 Remington was built as a true carbine. Cap & ball revolvers can and do chain fire- meaning that several chanbers go off simultaneously. In a revolver, this is a problem, but the shooter usually isnt harmed. In a carbine where the shooter tends to place his supporting hand on the barrel, a chain fire means 4 or 5 shots in the hand. This actually happened during the Civil War. The Remington had the advantage of rapid cylinder change, but thats about it.

In my opinion, a Civil War officer would have been far better off armed with a breechloading carbine such as the Smith-Carbine or Manard Carbine. These guns offer a high rete of fire in comparison to a rifled musket and are relatively light in weight. As I recall, General Beaufords Cavalry was armed with Smith Carbines, holding the high ground on the 1st day of Gettysburg, setting the stage for Lee's loss.

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
You all laugh but years ago I had a 44-40 revolver that came with a stock fitted to it it was a long barreled pistol like a buntline. It only took one shot to decide that I didn't want to keep this gun. Talk about loud this thing was like a hand grenade going off in your face. I didn't have any trouble getting rid of it and was glad I found another sucker that thought it was cute also and couldn't live without it.