Help Support Ruger Forum:

B.L. Hall

Single-Sixer
:shock:

1.jpg

http://www.lowescertifiedguns.com/rugeroldarmycustomcarbineundisclosedused.aspx

Tellico

Buckeye
I don't beleive that is the correct tape, it should be the black Gorilla type 2 for that serial #. Other than that looks OK. LoL

Lost Sheep

Single-Sixer
It was not unusual to put a shoulder stock on a revolver. Remington had a revolving carbine back in the late 19th century. The concept is an old, sound one.

The execution looks strange. I only can guess the handlebar tape (or is that a steering wheel cover?) is there not to secure the gun to the stock but to cover whatever clamps are securing the grip frame to the stock. (I HOPE he didn't just stick the two together and wrap it up!)

Anyhow, that is not the weirdest thing I have seen done to an ROA. There is a Ruger Old Army in stainless with a Jeweled hammer and trigger and a red dot sight mounted on a rail on the top strap.

Lost Sheep

Snake45

Hawkeye
Lost Sheep said:
Anyhow, that is not the weirdest thing I have seen done to an ROA. There is a Ruger Old Army in stainless with a Jeweled hammer and trigger and a red dot sight mounted on a rail on the top strap.

Lost Sheep
Me neither. I once saw one mounted grenade-launcher style under the barrel of an AR-15. And yes, it looked just as bad as it sounds.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Evidently there was nothing good on tv one evening and...

Best Regards,
ADP3

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just because one can, doesn't mean one should. I gotta wonder if the zinc screw eye and ring are period? Oh, and that rubber buttpad too. :rolleyes: From the ad: Awesome-shooting custom Old Army carbine. Professionally assembled from quality parts.
I'd love to get the name of this "professional" so we can spread the word to NOT use their services.

Iron Mike Golf

Blackhawk
BlkHawk73 said:
I'd love to get the name of this "professional" so we can spread the word to NOT use their services.

The guy to avoid is the one that ordered this conversion. I'd resever judgement on the smith until I saw what was under the wrap and heard the story. I wouldn't fault the smith for executing the customer's order under the customer's constraints. The question is how well he executed and we can't tell.

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
You know, the more I look at this, the more pathetic it is.

Nothing wrong with adding a stock, but take some freakin' pride in the thing! Tennis racket grip tape and a cheap eye hook?! Seriously?!

Wrap that grip up in some leather with some gut lacing. At least make it look good. :roll:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Iron Mike Golf said:
BlkHawk73 said:

The guy to avoid is the one that ordered this conversion. I'd resever judgement on the smith until I saw what was under the wrap and heard the story. I wouldn't fault the smith for executing the customer's order under the customer's constraints. The question is how well he executed and we can't tell.
I'm willing to bet it was Bubba'ed with damage to the gripframe. ...Anyone? :shock: :shock:

...Jimbo

wwb

Hunter
charlies said:
With the redhead butt pad I am sure it should be camo tape....

Ahhh.... somebody else who recognizes that old aftermarket pad. I bet by now it's pretty well fossilized and harder than a woman's heart.

Latest posts