Show your SHORT BBL'd Shotguns!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oregon73

Blackhawk
Wayno, you're right, the receiver looks a lot like a 1100 but it is indeed a High Standard Model 10B Police Shotgun. I guess I should have known that someone with the name "Highstandardguy" would know what it was. :roll: :wink:

From what I can tell, a pretty obscure shotgun. From what little I know, the design dates from the late 60's but this gun is probably from the 70's.

Rob

oregon73 said:
Wayno, you're right, the receiver looks a lot like a 1100 but it is indeed a High Standard Model 10B Police Shotgun. I guess I should have known that someone with the name "Highstandardguy" would know what it was. :roll: :wink:

From what I can tell, a pretty obscure shotgun. From what little I know, the design dates from the late 60's but this gun is probably from the 70's.

Rob

I almost said High Standard, but when I did not see the built-in flashlight, I opted for an 1100.

Almost. :?

WAYNO.

Otony

Blackhawk
The first version had the flashlight, which proved problematic (if I recall correctly, it has been awhile since those were made after all) due to recoil. Hence the later version sans light.

It is not possible to build something like this with an 1100 due to the "action spring tube" that takes up a fair amount of space in the buttstock.

oregon73

Blackhawk
WAYNO said:
oregon73 said:

Rob

I almost said High Standard, but when I did not see the built-in flashlight, I opted for an 1100.

Almost. :?

WAYNO.

I think it was the Model 10A that had the built-in flashlight. The 10B (like mine) has a flashlight that detaches. I've got the original flashlight but I took it off. I thought it was a little ridiculous to have a D-cell flashlight hanging off the left side of the gun. It makes this ugly little gun even uglier, if that's even possible.

Sorry--I should have had the flashlight in the picture--wasn't fair of me.

Rob

BearBio

Buckeye
A few "retro":

Model 97 (Marked Adams Express Company")
063-Copy-Copy.jpg

Model 12 in trench configuration=original parts
066.jpg

My wife's Rossi (for CAS)=18 "
065.jpg

My 1906 Ithaca Lewis Model (for CAS)
073.jpg

Our CAS loaner= A Chinese coach gun
071-Copy.jpg

And, lastly, my Mossberg "bear gun" for flyfishing in Alaska.
069.jpg

Hope y'all enjoy.

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I have a Winchester 1200 Stainless Police that came with the pistol grip,put a full Hoague Overmolded stock and foreend on it for usable shooting,had I kept it as a shorty I did find this shoulder holster for it!

http://www.okanagansaddlery.com/Defender_page_3.htm

Athanasor

Bearcat
A nice warm Stoeger Coach Gun in 12 guage. Pretty much lives in the closet; if it comes out of the closet, there's bad doo-doo happening close by.

I do believe the barrels are 20"

SV100281.jpg

SV100278.jpg