Seen this at the gun show today..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hard to really tell just "How" good of a job it is, even if it was on a stainless gun or a blued gun, stripped and bare metal, would cause any rust or pitting,,,,early Brownings done in a so called "renaissance" pattern were very finely detailed and need a GOOD clear picture to pick this out...............caveat emptor baby:cool::rolleyes:;)

Just as an example here is my 1968 Brng, HP ,that was a blued version, and engraved by my friend Tony Tuscano, back in the mid 70s , he apprenticed with Floyd Warren back then and he did this "oak leaf" pattern, not as fine as the 'Renaissance', and the first picture is somewhat blurry and the second is sharper ,,,,and it is NOT a "fine" pattern....

Attachments

• 68 Brng HP 9mm TN2.JPG
    68 Brng HP 9mm TN2.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 101
  • 68 Brng HP 9mmTN4.JPG
    68 Brng HP 9mmTN4.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

mirglip

Single-Sixer
I never understood the desire for engraved firearms. I always figured every dollar I don't spend on such embellishments is a dollar I can't spend on more guns and ammo. I have an aversion to idolatry.

Last edited:
I never understood the desire for engraved firearms. I always figured every dollar I don't spend on such embellishments is a dollar I can't spend on more guns and ammo. I have an aversion to idolatry.
I've always wanted one nice, "pretty" gun. I'm currently having my polished stainless Vaquero fitted with custom grip panels and then it will be getting engraved. (Well, once I have the $$). I've got many guns, knives and watches. But there's that one "fine" watch, the unique knife, and now I'll have the gun to match. I don't look at it as idolatry. A Chevy Malibu and a Corvette both drive- and the speed limit isn't changing- but sometimes you just want to have a 'Vette in the garage.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
This is what happens when some old guy in the 1970s-80s had an engraving tool and too much time on his hands. Kinda like how thre seemed to be a period in the 1960's or 70's where everything had to be "jeweled" so now there are piles of used bolt rifles with jeweled bolts and revolvers with jeweled hammers.......

People tend to "practice" on Blackpowder guns because they don't view them as "real guns" and someone basically ruined this one for anything but a range blaster.

I'd offer $500 for that Blackhawk before I even looked at this Old Army

Latest posts