SCORE!!! $99.99 at Bass Pro Arundel Mills.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IMG_20230722_193136741.jpg

Last time I saw primers in a Local Gun Shop was over $200 when they had them. Every time I go to Bass Pro, Cabellas and Green Top I always check. I get lucky about 25% of the time. Part of me wishing I had scored all 4 because that would put me up with my other components. They had 1 other box of large rifle.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Forgive me, but I just can't bring myself to allow a fake market take advantage of me.
When my stash is depleted, I will stop shooting..!
I will confess that I had a buddy use his dealer discount two months ago, and buy me a thousand lge pistol for $75. It was a weak moment and won't happen again.

J.

Forgive me, but I just can't bring myself to allow a fake market take advantage of me.
When my stash is depleted, I will stop shooting..!
I will confess that I had a buddy use his dealer discount two months ago, and buy me a thousand lge pistol for $75. It was a weak moment and won't happen again...

Everyone sees the world around them in different ways. When I was working out in California years ago, I had earthquake insurance. Made sense to me - I was a homeowner in earthquake country. One of the guys I worked with didn't think earthquake insurance made sense, even though he owned his house outright (and was a professional geologist). After the Whittier Narrows quake, he wished he had insurance (it caused over $100,000 in damage to his home - he had to mortgage the place to pay for repairs). I lived in a different area, and never once had to file a claim.

FWIW, I view a few extra primers the same way - to me, they're just insurance. Market prices go up and down, but I like having insurance, even if I never really end up needing it. I also like having a vehicle that doesn't need repairs every month, which means I may eventually have to replace my current truck (and if you want to experience "sticker shock", just look at vehicle prices today compared to 20 years ago).

As Captain Obvious once said, "One size never fits all!"

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

I shoot as much as I want which is alot. I buy reloading stuff when it's a good buy but was caught short this last year and paid 120 per thousand as I recall for both small rifle and pistol primers. By being short, I opened the last box of 1,000 primers in those uses. We can all wish primers, powder and bullets will go down in cost to 10 or 20 years ago. While we are wishing how, about all prices on everything going back down. I remember CCI on sale for 5.99 per thousand primers, that ship sailed many years ago.

s4s4u

Hunter
79.99/1k here, and still too high IMO. I think we will see $50/1k in the not too distant future, and then I may stock up.

lolbell

Single-Sixer
Powder Valley had a one day sale on the Argentine primers for $59.99 with no limit. If one could afford the 40lb hazmat limit in primers it would of the h/m cost.

contender

Ruger Guru
Location, location, location.

A lot depends upon where you are, and the stores you shop in. Primers are still well above what they SHOULD cost even when factoring in inflation.
I was buying them by the case, prior to the crap,, at $150.00 a case. That's $35.00 per brick. With the current inflation of components etc,, I'd say they should settle in at around $60.00 a brick for American made primers.
Foreign stuff,, that's different.