Looking at a big loading spree

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've had a lot of clutter around my reloading area for too long. The new shop building is getting storage shelving built to relieve that clutter. When the space is cleared, I plan to begin a 'loading spree' to fill the wet and nasty spring period.
I have two (maybe 3) 8# jugs of WCC 844, 5-7K of .224 bullets, and plenty of sized/trimmed/primed .223 brass. That should last me 2-3 weeks. :)
I'd been putting this off due to storage concerns for the loaded ammo but storage may not be an issue by November.:devilish:

contender

Ruger Guru
I used to keep as much of my brass reloaded as I could all the time. But as I've aged,, I realize that handloaded ammo can not be sold. Add in that my sons don't shoot as much as I do, so I have changed my directions.
Now,, I buy the necessary components, clean my brass, and load enough to enjoy for a much shorter period of time. I load a lot of my competition ammo often, & don't stockpile too much. Other stuff, I'm still dragging out older boxes of ammo occasionally to empty the brass, & enjoy it!
And when the time comes,, they can sell the components legally, and easily.

rmc25

Single-Sixer
I used to keep as much of my brass reloaded as I could all the time. But as I've aged,, I realize that handloaded ammo can not be sold. Add in that my sons don't shoot as much as I do, so I have changed my directions.
Now,, I buy the necessary components, clean my brass, and load enough to enjoy for a much shorter period of time. I load a lot of my competition ammo often, & don't stockpile too much. Other stuff, I'm still dragging out older boxes of ammo occasionally to empty the brass, & enjoy it!
And when the time comes,, they can sell the components legally, and easily.
I'm right there with you. I have too many reloads stockpiled so I've been off to the range to use it up.

RSIno1

Hunter
I've had a lot of clutter around my reloading area for too long. The new shop building is getting storage shelving built to relieve that clutter. When the space is cleared, I plan to begin a 'loading spree' to fill the wet and nasty spring period.
I have two (maybe 3) 8# jugs of WCC 844, 5-7K of .224 bullets, and plenty of sized/trimmed/primed .223 brass. That should last me 2-3 weeks. :)
I'd been putting this off due to storage concerns for the loaded ammo but storage may not be an issue by November.:devilish:
Did you take out a second on the house yet to buy the primers?

Now that I've found 90gr Lehigh loads my 9mm's and 357sigs like I'll be ordering 500 bullets from Natchez so I can fill my mags and have a few to top things up when I do my every few months verification shots.

Latest posts