NEW .45 acp Titewad data at the Hodgdon web site

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IIRC, when I checked a few weeks ago the only .45 acp Titewad (not Titegroup) data on the Hodgdon web site was for 230 gr bullets. I just checked again this evening (to verify the max recommended charge for my 230 gr load), and discovered that Hodgdon has added data for a 155 gr load, a 180 gr load, two 185 gr loads, and two 200 gr loads:

Might be worth a look, if you shoot .45 acp & have any Titewad sitting on the shelf!
:)

contender

Ruger Guru
The only tightwad around here is me! :oops::oops::oops:

Ok, I couldn't resist!

Seriously though,, it's good to see expanded info about any caliber. It's one of the good things about the online charts. They can add stuff easily. (But they can make mistakes easily, and remove stuff just as easily.)

Still, good to see!

I'm planning to finish loading some more cast 230 gr RN today. Titewad is apparently a 'fast' powder, and Hodgdon's suggested starting-load-to-max-load range for the 230 gr bullet listed is just a half (0.5) grain of propellant, so not much room for error.

One pleasant surprise is their new data for a cast 200 gr SWC, which shows a wider min-to-max range of 0.9 gr - a lot more forgiving. I've got a bunch of 200 gr SWCs on the shelf, and they work well in my firearms, so I'll definitely by trying some new Titewad loads!

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.

Last edited:
I accidently picked up a can of Tightwad and I've been wondering what to do with it. Thank you.

I've seen multiple comments in different places online, from folks who grabbed a jug of Titewad off the shelf, thinking it was Titegroup (must be a pretty common occurrence, given the similarity in name & packaging). I first bought it when I found a half pound (open container) at a local shop for just $5, and figured, 'What the heck!' Hodgdon also has a limited amount of Titewad data for 9mm & .38 Super, so I'm guessing that (with the new .45 acp data) I won't have a problem using what I've got, and may end up buying more.

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.