Scopes??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
I'm thinking of putting a Simmons 3x9x32 or a 3x9x40 scope on one of my 10/22's. I don't have big bucks for high end optics. What say you? Any experiences are welcome.

If you are looking for a budget scope, I believe that I have a Tasco or Bushnell
3-9xsomething in a drawer doing nothing. If you are interested I will see what I have and if you pay shipping I will send one to you...

rugnelli

40mm on the front at least.... the larger the front the more light that comes in and the easier it is to see the target.... then again there is a trade off with size.... rifle gets heavier... if there was anyway to look through different lower end scopes it would be helpful... the best scope I have is a moderate priced Nikon on a 10/22 and the resolution / clarity on it is twice as good as the lower end ones.

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
I live on a very limited budget. It's got to be a low budget scope or nothing so a Simmons fits that dollar amount I can spend. Old eyes aren't what they used to be.

rugnelli, I thank you for the kind offer but will pass...I guess It's just my independent nature.

blume357, I've settled on the 32mm. I'm using this gun for groundhog control and most shots are at 25 to 50 yards at best so a 32mm should be ok.

96/44

Blackhawk
Take a look at the Nikko Stirling Mountmaster scopes. I own several, and they are much better than the Simmons/Tasco/Bushnell at the same price. They have adjustable objectives which is very nice to have on a rimfire.

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
I mounted a Simmons 3x9x32 and bore sited it...It's raining now so I'll dial it in tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for your input. Range report to follow...

Happy 4th to everyone on the board.

I mounted Sightron 2.5x32 "rimfire" scopes on a couple of 10/22 rifles last year. They're working well. Not great for target shooting but perfect for hunting and varmint control. I got the pair for under $100 plus shipping.

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
Range report as promised...After boresite first 3 shots to dirty the barrel...At 25 yds.,from a rest,next three low3 and 5right. Adjusted as needed...3 shot group in the 10 ring quarter sized. This was with Federal standard velocity target rnl.
Camera not available but I will get a camera for the next report. Over all I'm impressed with the Simmons scope.

m657

Buckeye
Its always SO pleasing to find great results from a bargain scope. I mounted a Ch*n*s* 32mm that was tossed in on another deal-nearly free-and was really surprised how good it was in the short time I've used it.

And basic 10/22 has ALWAYS performed well for me using any scope that fit my geezer vision.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Chuckfish said:
I mounted a Simmons 3x9x32 and bore sited it...It's raining now so I'll dial it in tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for your input. Range report to follow...

Happy 4th to everyone on the board.
I hope you got the AO model. If you didn't, you'll wish you had, sooner or later.

I have the Simmons 3-9X "22 Magnum" scope on my CZ452 American and couldn't like it more. I don't think you can buy more scope for the money.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Chuckfish said:
Yup it's the "AO" model and I couldn't be happier.
Just out of curiosity, is the power-adjusting ring very stiff on yours? It is on mine, and it is on those of several others I know who have bought this scope. But that is our ONLY complaint or gig about this scope--otherwise everyone I know who has one loves it and thinks it represents outstanding value for the price paid.

Chuckfish

Single-Sixer
I wouldn't say "very stiff" but it's not easy either...never gave it much thought as this is the only scope I have ever owner so I have nothing to compare it with...