Say Hello to my little friend...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My 10/22 TD. Barrel cut down to 16.1" & threaded by Yankee Hill Machine with thread protector. Silencerco SS Sparrow suppressor. Leupold 4x Handgun scope mounted on a Amega Scout mount. Butler creek folding stock modified for the TD. Oh yeah I almost forgot and Norrell Trigger pack.

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/CSSKY/media/IMG_1006_zps57d6fd53.mp4.html

Only question I have is who makes a GOOD dependable 50 and more round mag that will run full auto for the 10/22?

Might want to look into this if you haven't already. http://www.ehow.com/how_6742869_fully-automatic-gun-license.html
The Feds 8) severely frown on fully auto without proper documentation. :evil:

One more thing. If you knew anything about Norrell Trigger packs you would know that you can ONLY have a fully transferable (i.e. LEGAL) one) By the way this one is for sale.

contender

Ruger Guru
Crossroads;
I think you were a bit harsh in your reply to FM.
You have few posts here. You posted info on a gun. I read it, and didn't know all about all the mods you did to the gun. (I had no clue about the Norrell Trigger packs, and still don't.) Not all of us are into heavy modification of 10/22's.
I did not read FM's post & believe he was calling you stupid in any way. All I read was he was pointing out a link to something.
(I do not automatically go research all the links or other stuff people post due to it leading to excessive spam etc.)
I did read your OP & think; "I do not know of hardly any 50 round or more magazines." And I thought; "I wonder if that 10/22 is full auto or not?"
So, MANY of us do not automatically know of the things posted. The only way we know anything is by what is posted & want we read OR choose to link to.

What we do on this Forum is promote safe & responsible firearm ownership. We also respect each other & try hard to refrain from being rude to one another. We also fully support all LEGAL forms of firearm ownership & use. In fact, I've shot many full auto & suppressed firearms & enjoyed it. Unfortunately, due to the patchwork of MANY state laws, combined with the federal restrictions on both, there is confusion by even good gun owners. I'm sure FM was just trying to make sure you were aware of some stuff.

Please know that this is not in any way a response to upset you or put you in a bad light. This was just a response based SOLELY upon the postings here & nowhere else, by someone who is uninformed about some of the mods you did to a 10/22, and how you responded to a forum member who offered a polite link.

contender said:
Crossroads;
I think you were a bit harsh in your reply to FM.
I agree I might have been a little harsh. But when you don't know something you should post a response in the order of..." What is a Norrel Trigger pack and How can you own it? Is it Legal? ...." Not a post that automatically assumes it is illegally owned and that I need to review the BATFE's requirements for owning one.

If you don't know what you are talking about then don't start the conversation. Simple concept. If I offended anybody or FM then I apologize. But don't assume I don't know what I am doing, especially if you don't know what yo are talking about.

And I am curious, Why does the number of a guys posts have anything to do with wether or not I can take exception to another guys post?

I don't know about Norrell Trigger packs either.

I did look up what SOT is and the definition I first came across is either a chronic drunkard or a stupid person. This is on the Google internet search for SOT.

Yes I do have experience modifying 10-22's.

It stands for Special Occupational Tax. to most people it means I am a "Class 3 Dealer." I have a license for "Class 3" Items. Also in my Sig it says I am an FFL but I guess you missed that too.

RME

Blackhawk
Crossroads Shooter, you sir are a true 1st class jerk. Stand down & be liked.

RME

Why am I the Jerk. I am not the one calling people stupid Drunkards?

Look in the micro RME and the others. Ask yourself's why the 160+ other viewers of this post didn't say anything about my original post. Either they KNEW what I was talking about and Understood the whole concept of a FA 10/22 or they didn't know what they were reading about and didn't feel like make a fool out of themselves making ignorant statements.

Before you call me Stupid and a Drunkard, ask yourself if you have a clue about what it is you are trying to talk about.

Again FM I am sorry if your feelings were hurt.

Kevin, you should know better than to use Google for a Firearms related search engine. Try Yahoo. or better yet call the BATFE and ask them.

Either way guys before you call anybody a jerk, stupid or a drunkard, at least you are on solid ground doing it. Keep with the name calling. It really shows your LACK of intelligence.

contender

Ruger Guru
Crossroads,,, I for one,,, appreciate your apology to FM. In my post, I hope I conveyed my thoughts well enough to show you that many people may look at a post & not understand everything written, OR take the time to go to links or do research. So, while you may have had many lookers, w/o many responses,,, I'd think it may be due to the fact a lot of folks just scan posts to see if the subject interests them.
I will say I missed your signature line, as I don't often read each & every thing in all posts. I looked again, and saw where you are a FFL, (excellent) but no mentioning of Class III.
My reference to your number of posts was made using that as a reference point of your activity here. I did look at your post count, AND how long you had been a member here. You have been a member a bit over a year, and a low count. To me, (JMO) that usually equates to a person who only occasionally visits. As such, I felt that maybe you didn't know FM, or how we strive to keep this Forum civil & polite. If I was wrong, it's totally my fault.
I did NOT read Kevin's post & think he was calling you a drunkard. He was only doing an internet search, and posted what he found. Again, I think you may be jumping to a conclusion a little bit. (A lot of us use different search engines, and some are not as gun friendly as others. I look around until I find an answer that relates to a subject. That can be using Yahoo, Bing, Google etc.) )

And as for RME,,, to call Crossroads a jerk is out of line.
Please read my first post, his reply, and all. CR did not call FM any names, but was a bit terse in his replies. This does NOT automatically make him a jerk. As we have stated before, oftentimes it is HARD to type out what we are thinking & wanting to say. None of us involved here know each other personally. But we are all firearm lovers, with different backgrounds. Until we get to know someone, we ALL need to refrain from jumping to conclusions, and carefully look at any & all responses.
RME, I think an apology to CR is in order.

CR,, PLEASE take a moment, back up & breathe.
MANY people are NOT well versed in Class III. MANY people do not know all the acronyms, terminology, or such associated with CLASS III. MANY people do not modify firearms, of any type, and get "lost" in the discussions of such things.
YES, we are all passionate about what WE enjoy. I personally enjoy the SA OM's (That's Single-Action, Old Models) myself much more than any other models. Yet, I too make mistakes when discussing them. (Just the other day a question about gold plating Ruger medallions came up & I mistakenly mentioned they were plastic,,, all while KNOWING they were an alloy metal. Brain fade due to other things on my mind.) So, PLEASE, PLEASE back up & relax. NOBODY has called you stupid. You were the first one to use that term. I certainly didn't think you were stupid, just a bit testy with FM for offering a bit of friendly advice.

All in all, this name calling & upset people appears to be getting blown out of proportion.

Well I should apologize myself. I certainly realize SOT as you used the term didn't mean stupid or drunkard. (I do know people who wouldn't be offended by calling them drunkards, but that is another subject altogether.)

I know personally I was upset at some cold calling salesmen on the phone just before reading this thread. (I use my phone for Ruger Forum.)

There are some fun times here on the forum. For example right now there is a current thread in the lounge about Toyota FJ cruisers. I bet if a person were to make a comment in that thread about boats (just for example) it wouldn't get off topic any more than it already is.

But I digress. Post some more about other projects you are working on. I have never shot full auto anything and don't know much about them at all.

Anyhow, good luck with your project. You know I have seen large capacity drum style magazines for the 10.22. They are used in that setup turning two barrels into a .22 Gatlin gun.

I too apologize for the earlier discussions. As an FFL I come across all kinds of so called "Experts." I am not one, but there are those out there who feel they are an Expert and are not afraid to offer what turns out to be an amusingly bad opinion.

I also come across many people who want to argue prices and say that all FFL's are crooks and are price gouging their customers. (HAD ONE EARLIER THAT DAY ON ANOTHER FORUM AND IT SET THE TONE I WAS IN) Those guys who feel that the gun business should be a non-profit business just need to go and jump off a cliff. I struggle to pay my bills just like everybody else and that is compounded by the lack of availability of product. Having a guy tell you that your 22lr ammo is too expensive when you know it is in line with the market and that the ammo I have is THE ONLY 22lr IN TOWN and I should be charging double the price I am just to keep it on the shelf for a while and slow the bleeding, tends to make a guy a little on edge. But like was said earlier, I digress.

The 10/22 was one of the first Take Downs I could get. I sent it to Yankee Hill Machine and had the front sight removed and the barrel cut down and threaded. They do BEAUTIFUL work if anybody needs to have that done. VERY inexpensive for the work that is done and relatively fast turn around (NO FFL NEEDED)

Installed the Butler Creek per a post I saw here. Went looking for a Scout Mounted Scope set-up and discovered the Amega mounts. Seams to be VERY sturdy. As anybody who has had any "Take Down" before the question of Zero rises every time you take the gun down and put it back together again. I agree that Ruger did a GREAT job with the mechanism, but it is still a Take Down and having any kind of optics remain zero when mounted to the receiver is just not going to happen over a long term. Permanently mounting the scope to the barrel is the ONLY chance you have of maintaining Zero. The Amega Mount uses the dove tail of the rear sight as a very solid anchor, then replaces the forearm band and so far seems VERY secure and has retained Zero, so far.

The Norrell Trigger Pack is an absolute gem. This one was BRAND NEW. even though it was made back in 1986, it had NEVER been installed and fired. The video is it's madden run. John Norrell is a master and a gentleman. This this is more fun to shoot, well it is more fun that you should be allowed to have with your pants on.

The Silencerco Sparrow is first rate. Full auto rated Fantastic user serviceable suppressor. Very light weight and has no effect on zero.

Anyway, please enjoy the video and I to apologize for getting off target before.

contender

Ruger Guru
Crossroads; This last post makes a LOT more sense than the first one.
You are correct in that a lot of so-called experts want to tell you what they think, yet do not want to listen to anything.
I have played with a lot of different FA firearms. (They all belonged to other folks, and all I had to do was feed them.) Most of my serious FA experience was with my M-60, the M-16, The M-14. But I have enjoyed others. Yet, never any 22 cal FA firearms. I bet they are FUN!!!!

With the apologies, it appears that all ruffled feathers have settled & we can get on to enjoying discussing our beloved Rugers again!
Thanks all for keeping this Forum the best one out there.

Before this got into and 'edecate' debate.....

what I read (and I was not looking close) was that the original poster had cut a barrel down to 16.1" and was asking about a 50 round magazine that would work with full auto..... I saw a conflict here.... why cut the barrel down to standard legal specs (for us common citizens) and then convert the rifle to full auto (legal or not)? If I was going to do that I would cut the barrel down to 12" or so....

Now to each his own... it's just that I saw the conflict in the two and understood the reason for Fox Mike pointing out Federal Fire Arm rules.

9x19

Hunter
blume,

The Norell trigger is the class-3 registered item, and can be installed in any semi-auto 10/22 to make it function in full-auto. Removing the Norell trigger returns the rifle back to a semi-auto.

If you also install a barrel shorter than 16" you'll then need to also register the rifle receiver as a Short Barreled Rifle (actually need to do that before installing a short barrel).

9x19 said:
blume,

The Norell trigger is the class-3 registered item, and can be installed in any semi-auto 10/22 to make it function in full-auto. Removing the Norell trigger returns the rifle back to a semi-auto.

If you also install a barrel shorter than 16" you'll then need to also register the rifle receiver as a Short Barreled Rifle (actually need to do that before installing a short barrel).

Very well put. Another VERY good reason if functionality. John Norrell makes an Integrally suppressed 10/22 barrel that is 12" long. Actually it is more like 8" with baffles and what not inside the remaining tube. VERY quiet and VERY well made. The issue is however that you need HIGH velocity or MiniMags (as the barrels are rated for) for proper pressure to cycle the action reliably. The primary reason is the ability to be able to go back to a Title I gun IF the trigger pack sells by it's self.

Shorter barrels can in some cases cause cycling issues as the bullet and needed chamber pressure to cycle escapes out the muzzle too soon.

All that being said, Thompson Machine makes a SWEET Integral 16" suppressed barrel for your 10/22 TD. I am wnating to use one of those as a platform for the Norrell Trigger Pack. The possibilities are endless......

RME

Blackhawk
In the sense of good Rugering, I also would like to apologize to Crossroads Shooter
for calling him a Jerk.

God speed & happy trails !

Latest posts