Say Hello to my little friend...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks RME for stepping up.
I figured this posting got off on the wrong foot & wasn't going where the OP wanted it to go. As I mentioned, it's HARD sometimes to relay what we are thinking into typed words. This whole thread proves that.

Now,,, on to discussing our Rugers!

wbw2

Single-Sixer
I would like more info about that amega scout mount. Does it interfere with the takedown aspect at all? Did it install on the takedown without modification?

toysoldier

Hunter
Now that all the big dogs have their hackles down and are politely sniffing, I'll post a comment. I have no interest in full-auto guns of any sort, but the scope mount for a take-down .22 caught my attention. I have two guns, a Norinco copy of the Browning auto, and a Marlin Papoose. I have a cantilever scope mount for a Browning that fits the Norinco, but it looks pretty fragile, while extending the length of the barrel/forearm assembly when taken down. Nothing for the Papoose. Unfortunately, Amega's product line, like most aftermarket firms, is very limited. Skinner Sights started out like this, but has greatly expanded its offerings. Hopefully, Amega will do the same.

9x19

Hunter
Here is Black Dog Machine's video their 50rd drum running in full auto.... this is an AR conversion, but the same drum is used for the S&W 15-22 and Ruger's 10/22 (just different "feed towers").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiwzdC6sa6Y

wbw2 said:
I would like more info about that amega scout mount. Does it interfere with the takedown aspect at all? Did it install on the takedown without modification?

No it does not interfer at all with the TD mechanism and no modification, sort of. You will need to drift out the rear dove tailed sight . there is a piece that slides in there that the mount screws into and locks it down. then the front barrel band is replaced with one they send you.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
A legal Norrell pack along with a suppressed rifle set my buddy back 8k several years ago.

The bolt is in 2 pieces so its more than just dropping in the trigger pack.