Ruger's "Mystery" gun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nickanto

Bearcat
revhigh":wr8xk9he said:
Quarterbore":wr8xk9he said:
Boy, I think I would have to stick up for the 10/22 as one of the most popular and versitile desins ever for a 22!

Agreed 100% QB ! But ... 'the finest 22 ever made' ?? Nope. Not even close.

Both my out of the box Marlin 60's will easily outshoot any out of the box 10-22. Are there a million accessories for a 10-22 ... yup, and that's great. Are they reliable and fun guns .... yup. Do they need a fair amount of work to make them shoot well ... yup. By the time you invest enough money to make an out of box 10-22 shoot really well, you have a whole lot of money invested in it. You could have spent that same money on a different gun, and it would still shoot better.

I really like the 10-22, I've owned several over the years ... but it is what it is, and it aint exactly a tack driver ... anyone who's ever owned 10-22's would have to admit that ... if they're honest.

REV

I meant the finest design, no it's not the most accurate .22 in the world. There is a reason why there is a million accessories for them and that just about every gun owner has one. They flat out work. Do you do anything on this forum besides bash Ruger? It seems like someone who has close to five thousand post in a Ruger forum would actually be a fan of Ruger. Either that or you just don't have anything better to do???

Nickanto

Bearcat
My question is why would Ruger feel the need to design a new .22, when they have possibly the most proven 22 in the market. When Smith and Wesson or the garbage Colt 22 sells as many rifles as Ruger has, then I'll be impressed.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
C'mon now Nickanto, unless it's a 1911 it's garbage and since Ruger doesn;'t have one yet, they are garbage. that some peoples' way of thinking. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Notice also how the quote posted to respond to mentioned popularity and versatility yet the response to that was about accuracy? apples...oranges... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Anyone could see this so long as they saw it from open, non-narrowed vision eyes, and no blnders on, well at least if they were honest. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Nickanto":3khkhelq said:
they already produce the finest .22 ever made in the 10/22.

I again refer to YOUR QUOTATION ABOVE ... VERBATIM, which doesn't mention/contain the word 'design' in any context. Whether or not I like Rugers, love Rugers or hate Rugers, is none of your business. I like guns ... period, and believe it or not, there are good guns out there that DON'T say Ruger on them, many of which I own. There are many good guns that DO say Ruger on them, also, many of which I own. If you're not capable of discussing guns in a non-personal and rational way ... don't read or respond to my posts ... that's YOUR right.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
BlkHawk73":2vgbvhxp said:
Notice also how the quote posted to respond to mentioned popularity and versatility yet the response to that was about accuracy?

Yup, you're right BH, accuracy has nothing to do with how good a rifle is ... as long as it's popular ... that's the most important criteria by far.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If you're not capable of discussing guns in a non-personal and rational way ... don't read or respond to my posts ... that's YOUR right.

Touché. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rationality, IMO, requires an open an unbiased eye free from outside influences, favoritism and prejudices. I'm all set on that aspect...

As for the part about keeping posts "non-personal", I offer:

revhigh said:
He also doesn't appreciate 1911's, Stoots ... I have no more comments for him. I guess if it's not a BlkHawk, it's not a gun

COMPLETELY done with this. Learned long one cannot show the blind how to see nor the stubborn how to see past their own hand.

あらゆる話、あなたのもの、私のもの、及び真実への3つの側