Ruger SR Owners: Anyone running the Ghost TACTICAL Trigger bar?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Good morning y'all -

If go you go on Galloways site, they only offer 2 trigger bars: The ROCKET and the ULTIMATE. However, if you go on Ghosts site (maker of the Trigger Bar), there is 1 more, called the TACTICAL. Looks like its the same as the 3.5# Trigger bar except this one also has a TCT (Trigger control Tab) to prevent overtravel on the trigger and is a 5# trigger pull.

I'm getting ready to install Everything Galloway has to offer, but i will be ordering the TACTICAL Trigger bar seperate from their kit. Does anyone have it installed, and what are your thoughts and opinions on it?

Have a good day everyone

Tony

OK, let me 'reword' my question. What is the purpose of and how does it function. I have never heard the term prior to this post and after seeing the above link still don't know what their purpose is.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
It resets the trigger after a shot is fired. Various designs depending on the make/model of the gun. As a side benefit a well made and polished bar will usually reduce the trigger pull weight by a lb or so. Watch this short video:

I have the SR9C, great gun, well built low recoil, very reliable. The only thing I do not like is the light Trigger. I will agree with Hickok45. I would never carry it without a safety. I hope this product is not making this trigger even lighter. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
Gunny thanks for posting that. I guess I am just stupid as all my semi-auto handguns triggers reset after each shot so I see no need for some additional contraption. I am of the belief that "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Last edited:
Gunny thanks for posting that. I guess I am just stupid as all my semi-auto handguns triggers reset after each shot so I see no need for some additional contraption. I am of the belief that "if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Most every handgun has some variation of this. It's the bar between the trigger and the hammer/striker.

Here are a example, One on my Beretta Nano and one on the Beretta APX A1 carry

Very easy to replace,clean, polish on a modular system like the Beretta.
A little more complicated on the Ruger-Personally I do not ride a reset on any firearm, so would be no use to get one
Be sure to keep the original part in case you have to send back to Ruger for any repair and place it back in. Most likely would void the warranty. Especially since this is a older model. .
P1Vavtp.jpg

SR9-Part 40

1693638750553.png

From Taurus website-Here shows the trigger bar after take down. Notice the Author mentions just cleaning a polishing. (Taurus GX4)

HqxNDtb.png

Last edited:
I put the Ghost trigger bar from Galloway in my SR9. I used the one that didn't have to be fitted and did it on my kitchen counter in about an hour. Take their advice and do the switch inside a plastic bag. The trigger pull seems very slightly lighter but definitely a more consistent pull weight if that makes any sense. Before the install I'd notice the trigger pull weight seemed to fluctuate from shot to shot. I had previously installed the Galloway metal guide rod/recoil spring and their striker. I wish there was an accuracy modification for the SR. Mine is certainly accurate enough for a service pistol but that's about it.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
My 9e is factory stock. Most of these kind of mods are targeted at competition shooters who are looking for the last bit of edge they can get. The Galloway/Ghost bar is a slight improvement over the factory bar, but otherwise has the same function.

Much the same as old car guys trying to squeeze another 10hp out of the engine in their '56 Chevy. An old cliche' : How fast can you afford to go? ;)

I really love my SR9C but just like Hickcock45 say's, I just do not feel comfortable with the light trigger. I keep saying I am going to sell it, but just keep putting it off. But I would never carry this gun without a safety. The only reason I have kept it so far. What a shame as it is such a lovely shooter and so well built.

Latest posts