Ruger SR9/SR40 Trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dsf

Bearcat
I've had a Ruger SR9 for a while and like it alot. Fits my hand well and that flat left side of the gun lets me get high up and forward with my left hand. I just bought an SR40C for carry on my CCW. I already have a flat trigger and Galloway aftermarket parts on the full size, can't for the life of me find the flat trigger. It isn't Galloway or Ghost or Carbo - anyone know who makes a flat trigger for the SR series?

RUT

Single-Sixer
I've had a few SR9s in the past but never knew of a flat faced trigger for them. I'm a big fan of F/F triggers, and would certainly have added them had I known they were available. So, I'm at a loss here...sorry.

Mike J

Hunter
I did a little search for "Ruger SR series flat faced trigger". A few things came up. There are images. I found a pic of what I think is a Ghost flat faced trigger. I went to their site & did a search. I found some connectors but no trigger. I think maybe they used to make them but don't anymore.

Devin M.

Bearcat
Galloway Precision used to make a flat faced trigger for the Ruger SR line. I purchased a full size SR40 back when they were new. It's still all stock except for Galloway's stainless guide rod. I recently picked up a compact SR40c to go with the full size and wanted to throw the whole Galloway catalog at it, only to find they have discontinued the flat faced trigger. Bummer. I even reached out to them to ask about commissioning a few of them, but it was a no-go. They still have the "Smooth-It" kits for the factory trigger, along with the Stainless Guide Rods, various Springs, a Stainless Striker Indicator, and a Stainless Pin Set. Just wish I could find one (or two) of those flat faced triggers....

dsf

Bearcat
I've decided to live with the factory trigger. It's not especially curved so not a big deal. Not sure what I did to accomplish it, but the pull on the compact feels better than the full size. Probably a bit better smoothing out of parts by me this time around.

I found a 9mm slide and barrel on EBay, got some full size mags and grip extension and now have something I can practice with economically. LGS has 1K rounds of 9mm for $219.00.

Really under rated gun, I think.

Armybrat

Buckeye
The SR series has always been underrated. My SR9 serves as our nightstand gun…..

57863AE5-23AC-465B-A9C0-4A6170456D8B.jpeg

Latest posts