Ruger Semi Auto Recommendations

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brushy bill

Bearcat
Considering a Ruger Semi Auto (9mm or 45), but after viewing some of the posts here, wondering what would be best. Seeing some barrel peening issues with SR9. Various issues with P95 as well.

I don't want to buy something just to send it back and deal with all the associated hassles. Expect whatever I settle on to work right. Any recommendations? Thanks for your time.

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
What are you going to use it for? We can be of more help with more info.

I have carried a P90 for over 6 years and have not had one problem with it, many thousands of rounds.

Welcome to the forums,
DM

Fenderman

Bearcat
I have owned 3 P95s over the years and put 100s of rounds through them.Never had any issues with any of them.

My current P95 was bought earlier this year it has over 700rds. downrange with no problems.IMO get a P95.

I wish i had kept the other 2 i owned but had to sell them because i was in need of $$$ at the time.

I'm actually looking at guns other than Ruger at the moment. Sorry if this is Heresy.

Didn't realize there was another thread about this at the time I posted mine.

fez

Bearcat
All guns have issues.I got a used kp95d(old style no rail 10 rnd mags).I have had no issues with it.All the talk of it being inaccurate does not wash with me.Better than I thought it would be all around.Does not carry to bad either imho.Guns are like shoes it ends up being what fits you best.Good luck with whatever you purchase.

recoilguy

Bearcat
I own 2 SR9's have many many rounds through both. I would recomend one to anyone considering a poly framed, lower priced, 9mm semi pistol. I would gladly let anyone shot mine to dispell any rumors or misconceptions that all SR9's are junk. They shot holes right were you point them, they are easy to take down and clean with out having to pull the trigger, and they shot in every condition I have encountered so far.

If an easy to afford Polymer pistol that shots good and is easy to maintain is what you desire......SR9

RCG

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
I personally tend to be a bit leery of Ruger's latest offerings but there isn't a thing wrong with a P89 or P90. My own choice is the discontinued P97 which has been my daily carry gun for almost 5 yrs now and I'm right happy with it :)

Picture344.jpg

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
Over the years I have owned a P89, P95, two P90's, and currently own a P94, P345, and LCP.

By far, my favorite of the bunch is the P345.

microwaveguy

Bearcat
Bigboreshooter":3njfjqki said:
Over the years I have owned a P89, P95, two P90's, and currently own a P94, P345, and LCP.

By far, my favorite of the bunch is the P345.

I also have a KP345 and I am very happy with it

96/44

Blackhawk
I recently asked for some advice on the forum choosing between a P89 or P95. I ended up picking up a used P89, and I have been very happy with it. It will feed anything I can stuff in the mag, and was more accurate than I had expected. I have also fired a P90 quite a bit, and they are VERY accurate, so that would also be an excellent choice. If you are looking for a gun that will be a CCW, the P95 is a bit smaller and lighter, although I have no personal experience with one, everyone I know that has one, loves it.