Ruger rifles I want.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Just before my wife passed away, she told me to go out and buy myself a firearm. It might take my mind off the previous eight years that she spent dealing with the Big 'C'. So in her wisdom, when our son came down to see me, we went to Cabelas as he had not been to the one in Reno. Unfortunately, Ruger's .22 Mag had been discontinued. However, at Cabelas, I spotted a used Remington 597m which looked in very good condition. When I looked it up online after I got home, I found that it had a few problems and after a time, I solved them by getting a new Voltquartsen extractor, took apart the magazines and cleaned them thoroughly and made sure the guide rods were snug, but not tightened down. New springs of course. Made sure the the barrel screw was not pushing against the barrel. After that I made sure the barrel clean, really well. I liked the synthetic stock, good for any kinds of weather.
So no more FTF/FTE that many people had problems with. I much prefer .22 Mag to .22 LR. Somehow they make me a more accurate shooter.

bear007

Bearcat
I decided a while back I was gonna buy a PC Carbine takedown in 40 S&W to pair up with my SR40 in a go bag ... only to discover Ruger discontinued it 2 months prior. Since being discontinued they dried up, there are none anywhere except every so often 1 shows up on Gunbroker with biddings going well over $1,000. That's ridiculous. So I guess it will never be in my go bag. Ugh!

bear007

Bearcat
I decided a while back I was gonna buy a PC Carbine takedown in 40 S&W to pair up with my SR40 in a go bag ... only to discover Ruger discontinued it 2 months prior. Since being discontinued they dried up, there are none anywhere except every so often 1 shows up on Gunbroker with biddings going well over $1,000. That's ridiculous. So I guess it will never be in my go bag. Ugh!
So I noticed a Ruger PC Carbine 40 Takedown auction on Gunbroker yesterday with a starting bid of $995 with no bids on it and 1 hour left ... and of course I fell asleep. I'm not real familiar with gunbroker nor was I gonna bid on it at that price but I don't see anyway to go back and see if it was bid on or sold. Anyone know how to view auction results on Gunbroker?

So I noticed a Ruger PC Carbine 40 Takedown auction on Gunbroker yesterday with a starting bid of $995 with no bids on it and 1 hour left ... and of course I fell asleep. I'm not real familiar with gunbroker nor was I gonna bid on it at that price but I don't see anyway to go back and see if it was bid on or sold. Anyone know how to view auction results on Gunbroker?
Sold for $995. 1 bid

KS25-06

Single-Sixer
I like big bores, wrote Ruger and Lipsey's several times to make a Number One in 470 Nitro Express. Also, wanted a 77RSI stainless in 358 Winchester and 35 Whelan.

bear007

Bearcat
Go to completed auctions and do a search for what you want. Results should show you the latest completed auctions. Also, if you see something that interests you before the bidding is up you can add to your "watchlist". It will remain there for a short time even after auction ends.
Thanks.

Finding the Completed Auction tab was my problem, I just had to keep looking. I finally found it under the Advanced Search page.

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
Although the Ruger No.1 has been made in large calibers such as .470 Nitro Express, someone made a Ruger No. 1 in .460 Weatherby, which has pretty high muzzle energy, and that's what caused all Ruger No. 1's to get banned in Canada:

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
Not a rifle, but I'd like to see Ruger bring back the Old Army Black powder revolver.... simply the best there is....

And hopefully with a full length rail , flash suppressor, laser grips and a bayonet lug...................( just kidding ) ;)

Latest posts