Ruger/Lipsey's Quality Falling Fast ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I think its pretty darn cowardly to begrudge a fella for complaining about the workmanship quality of his gun just because this particular issue isn't important to some of y'all.

DPris

Buckeye
You still fail spectacularly to understand.
Nobody begrudges anybody for his dissatisfaction about the workmanship or quality of his gun.

We're not saying anybody should accept poor quality.

What we ARE saying is JUST FLIPPIN' BLAME THE MANUFACTURER THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT LIPSEY'S!!!!!

Can't really put it any plainer than that.
Denis

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Lets not get 'ign-rt now...

Ruger makes the gun, specifically for Lipsey's, who sells the gun under their name "exclusively".

Why would Lipsey's NOT want the defects corrected and why would they NOT want Ruger to improve the quality of the "Lipsey's specials?

DPris

Buckeye
The extrapolations in some posts here are baffling.

Who said Lipsey's does NOT want the issues fixed?
Who said they DON'T want Ruger to improve overall quality?

Just put the responsibility for a lesser-level of quality where it belongs.

Not on Lipsey's, not on Davidson's, not on any other distributor.

You order a brand new car with a specific set of features, and you firebomb the dealer who gets it in for you if the stereo doesn't work?

Blame the maker!
Denis

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
"I don't expect my convenience store to examine each can of Dr. Pepper that I buy for quality control as they come off the truck." I would if the can cost me 400+ dollars.

DPris

Buckeye
When we bought a $1500 refrigerator, it came in a box.
We did not expect either the store or their distributor to take it out, hook it up, run circuit checks, run water through the ice-maker, and check each compartment to make sure each separate temp control was operating within its correct range, before we paid for it.

$400 doesn't get you any closer to individual inspection after a product leaves the factory than 60 cents does on a can of soda, or $1500 does on a refrigerator.
Denis

exlogger

Single-Sixer
What we ARE saying is JUST FLIPPIN' BLAME THE MANUFACTURER THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT LIPSEY'S!!!!!

Not that simple Denis.

Lipsey's should tighten the screws down a little. IT IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY!!!! Otherwise take your name off the product. They are making money off a product with little or no QC. Last year I had 5 defective Rugers. One cosmetic (All cylinder notches had big chips), and 4 sent into Ruger. Three of the four sent in were "defective beyond repair". One of the replacements was "defective beyond repair" THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! And if Lipsey's is making money off that kind of garbage, I'm sorry, but they have no choice but to SHARE IN THE RESPONSIBILITY!!

Now Denis... I was once a fanboy like you, ready to take the hill for Ruger and plant their flag, but reality bit my heinichen 5 times in one year. Missing work several times to play shipping tag with a bunch of defective garbage.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:
Lets not get 'ign-rt now...

Ruger makes the gun, specifically for Lipsey's, who sells the gun under their name "exclusively".

Why would Lipsey's NOT want the defects corrected and why would they NOT want Ruger to improve the quality of the "Lipsey's specials?

Mo...that makes perfect sense to me, maybe they will have a chat soon !!!!!

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Maybe Ruger and the distributors can make this their new slogan...

"God Bless the man with no expectations, for he will never be disappointed"

DPris

Buckeye
Ex,
Bud, you have no idea of the ups & downs I've had with Ruger over the years, or you wouldn't even be using the term "fanboy".

I happen to have gone through enough of their guns in the past 40 years to have formed an opinion. When they've got their game on, they can put out some great products. When they don't, they don't.

The bulk of what I've done here in this thread is say blame Ruger for unacceptable quality. In what possible manner can you derive anything even remotely resembling "fanboy" from that?

I do like SOME of their products.
I also like SOME of S&W's.
I also like SOME of Colt's.
I also like SOME of CZ's.

All four companies produce guns I wouldn't own as gifts.

I buy what I need from several makers, depending on what their strengths are.
None of that makes me a "fanboy" of any one maker.

I've said Ruger has a QC problem (and so do other makers).
I've said the odds are more in your favor of getting a good gun from Ruger, through ANY distribution channel, than they are of getting a bad gun (exactly the same as with other makers).
I've said I've returned Rugers as unacceptable.
I've also returned Smiths that were unacceptable, without even firing them.

If that means Ruger fanboy to you, you need a new dictionary.

Regarding Lipsey's, my previous statements stand.
Denis

RSIno1

Hunter
Jason at Lipsey's said:
..... Ruger makes more guns than anyone out there and some will get out that probably shouldn't, but they do have the best customer service in the industry and will make it right. ....

They should be right before they go out the door. Not just waiting for the final customer to be your quality control. Lipsey's should be more proactive in demanding a quality product from their supplier.

exlogger

Single-Sixer
Sorry Denis, didn't know you went through so much. However, with a clear conscience, you have to hold Lipsey's somewhat responsible. They are making money off the guns giving so many people problems. How are they not responsible? Do all their proceeds go to charity?

exlogger

Single-Sixer
RSIno1 said:
Jason at Lipsey's said:
..... Ruger makes more guns than anyone out there and some will get out that probably shouldn't, but they do have the best customer service in the industry and will make it right. ....

They should be right before they go out the door. Not just waiting for the final customer to be your quality control. Lipsey's should be more proactive in demanding a quality product from their supplier.
I agree RSIno1

This is the kinda politically correct garbage that makes me wanna regurgitate. Pumping out crap in the name of a good return policy. Un-American if you ask me. I think Bill Ruger would roll over in his grave if heard this kinda wisdom.

DPris

Buckeye
If Davidson's passes on a defective Ruger (or Smith, or Charter, or Hi-Point), do you hold them responsible for defective merchandise?

Regardless of whether Lipsey's contracts for a special run or just buys standard models, you hold Lipsey's equally at fault on anything Ruger didn't get right?

I see no elevated standard of "responsibility" for Lipsey's on special runs they contract for, either beyond any attaching to any other distributor or beyond any attaching to any other product beyond standard models.

And, Lipsey's is in no position to "demand" anything from Ruger.
Ruger builds what Ruger builds, period.

Some of you also seem to be under the erroneous assumption that Lipsey's has not, in fact, discussed QC with Ruger.
Denis

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"If Davidson's passes on a defective Ruger (or Smith, or Charter, or Hi-Point), do you hold them responsible for defective merchandise?"

Answer: Yes. In fact Davidson's as everyone knows, actually has a lifetime warranty on the Ruger guns and guns from other makers, that they take responsibility for maker's defects. That is a stand-up plan born from customer dedication.

TALOinc

Bearcat
".....When the distributors take some heat, I'm sure it gets back to the Ruger factory, but whatever we do, we want to keep Jason Cloessner around, and don't be blaming him or Lipsey's for Ruger's QC issues. We'd have no flattop .44 specials and .45 convertibles, Shopkeeper Bearcats, Single Sevens in .327 Magnum, the new adjustable sight Bearcats that are coming soon, and on and on and many more that are coming you don't even know about yet."

You are absolutely right on. No one in the industry is more concerned with a good consumer experience than Jason, Lipsey's and Ruger.

Latest posts