Ruger cases

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Ruger used to ship #1 rifles in foam-lined boxes and that is where I kept the one I bought in the 70's for about 10 years when I wasn't shooting much. It probably would have been OK if I had stayed in arid Colorado and hadn't taped it shut, but I moved to MN for 2 years then to VT and both places are pretty humid in summer. When I finally opened it up, it was all rusted :(

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Those in their cases sit idle so "box burn" isn't an issue. The rest get used and reside in racks. Their boxes/cases sit shelved.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
Wheel Gunner":2jqwaew8 said:
Just the other night I noticed that my high polished SS Vaquero had a couple flat spots on it from being toted around in the factory plastic box.

When buying used pistols, whether or not it has the factory box, papers etc. can e a deal breaker to me. But in contrast, I'll definitely not be using the plastic box for transporting any longer. Its gun rugs from here on out.

Must of been a batch of bad steel on that Vaquero if'fn plastic scratches it! :? Yer gun's too soft.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
M'BOGO":2etnes4l said:
So whats the story with the grips and trigger? That made my ears perk up.

A little home-boy gun-smithing. :D
Take one Blackhawk (.41mag), add Super hammer and Bisley trigger, re-shape aluminum gripframe adding here and filling there, then add Bisley grips to fit. Here is a pic that shows the gripframe mods. This is my favorite shooter.

000_0011-2.jpg

...Jimbo

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
Jimbo357mag":2argngvx said:
I have lined several cases with felt. Totally protects the gun when transporting or for storage.
I give the felt a light spray of silicone to condition it. S&W has been using felt lined boxes for years. :D

000_0001.jpg

..Jimbo

Now. this is nice.