Ruger 75th Anniversary Mk IV 6 7/8” Tapered Barrel Model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
For the most part ( and I know there are a FEW exceptions ) smart money is NOT on "investing" in commemoratives, anniversary models, special editions, limited editions, exclusives, etc.

yeah, the red background was "supposed" to be "alike to" the red eagle medallion", guess they wanted to keep it "different" for the 1999 anniversary issue....:unsure:
....red ,but not the same........??maybe because they actually realized that Mr. Sturm did hand paint those red eagles back then .........??? guess we'll never know....Ah more Ruger 'lore'......" and so it goes....Wil Terry "...... May he rest in peace;)

I'll stick with my MKII 6-7/8" Heavy Taper Stainless and the Blue 6" Standard Model my dad gave me that he bought new in 1955.
I have the Mark II heavy taper stainless model also. What a great shooting gun.

This Mark IV with the tapered barrel and the adjustable sights does look nice.

Question: Have they slimmed down the hinge where the barrel attaches to the lower frame? It doesn't look as obtrusive on this model. I like it a lot better with that attachment point being thinner and smaller.

And oh yeah! Those wood grips are very nice and add some class to the gun. If some of the parts could be color case hardened, that would be even better.

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Have a 50th and 70th MK pistols might as well get the 75th. :rolleyes:
My favorite is my Bearcat 50th.
DSC00512.JPG

Latest posts