Ruger 75th 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Has anyone here bought the "natural finish" model ? I have looked locally just to get a look at that finish . No guns to look at . I was considering buying online if I have no other choice . But not sure without seeing one first . Just wanting to get opinions/ thoughts .......

rem58sport

Bearcat
I bought just the natural stock from S&P as a take off. When I first saw it, it seemed a little weird but quickly grew on me. Of course it depends on the wood but I find it attractive, finish is smooth and even. The black checkering could be a little darker for me, seems like it was a spray job. Checkering is nice. It was a change of direction for a build that is now going to be a "tribute" 75th Anniversary LVT with black receiver and blued 20" Ruger heavy tapered LVT barrel. From the factory I think the natural stock only comes in SS.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
Thanks for the reply , so is there a clear finish, or is it just bare wood . My thought was if just unfinished wood it will get dirty and no way to really clean it. Rugers description is not clear.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I ALMOST bought one on Gunbroker a while back because it had really a nice grain pattern in the wood. Then, after carefully reading through the entire listing, it turned out that the seller was too lazy to photograph each unit for sale...So there's no was of knowing what you're actually going to get. No thanks! I'll wait until I can exam one in person.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I ALMOST bought one on Gunbroker a while back because it had really a nice grain pattern in the wood. Then, after carefully reading through the entire listing, it turned out that the seller was too lazy to photograph each unit for sale...So there's no was of knowing what you're actually going to get. No thanks! I'll wait until I can exam one in person.
Yes ,that could be a deal breaker for sure . I too like to see a gun "in person " before committing to the sale .

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I've seen a few of these take off stocks listed on eBay. So far, I've found them to be overpriced (to me anyway) but they have sold quickly. I too would like to get one and open up the barrel channel for a .920 bull barrel on my milling machine.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
IMG_20240311_173350_kindlephoto-635194923.jpg
:). My new 75 th anniversary , and my "made up " 10/22 folder with the Samson stock . Man I really love this 75th anniversary gun . 👍 Ruger ,"good job"

Latest posts