Ruger 40107 Mark IV 22 LR 5.5" barrel OPINIONS PLEASE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Backlighting

Single-Sixer
Considering buying one & would appreciate any positive or negative opinions from those who have one.
Thank you

Carrij

Bearcat
Love mine. Added VQ kit, charging ring an a red dot. Have over 15,000 rounds through it and still enjoy shooting it.

Carrij

Bearcat
I started out using Aguila 40gr HV and it runs flawlessly. I then switched to CCI Blazer 40 gr, better deals available. It too runs flawlessly and a bonus is I can switch between them and the point of impact is identical. I buy ammunition in 5,000 round batches and have had such great luck with these two that I haven't bothered with anything else. I don't shoot competition so I don't spend on match grade nor would I bother with buying lower tier ammunition. It's just the way I feel.

Backlighting

Single-Sixer
Mobuck said:
The 5.5" "bull" barrel is IMHO the most "shootable" weight/length combination made.

I had a similar gun, a bull barrel Buckmark that was a real tack driver.
This MKIV is replacing a small, lightweight Walther .22 I've been using for target shooting. The short barrel and light weight Walther makes it extremely difficult to hit a 10" gong at 25yards +
Should have the Ruger Friday.

"The short barrel and light weight Walther makes it extremely difficult to hit a 10" gong at 25yards + "

You can expect your 5.5" Ruger to do that easily @ 100 yards.

AzShooter1

Single-Sixer
Cl6M3Gvh.jpg

I went with the 22/45 Lite. Lots of new colors since I got mine. I like the Lite for Steel Challenge shooting and it's outstanding the way it comes. I've added a Allchin Compensator, Halo Bolt Racker and Volquartsen Accurizing kit.