Ruger .30Carbine Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Trooperdan

Bearcat
I have one, series number 51-1244X. It has been set up for a scope and has a mount without a name. I was wondering if someone can tell me it's age? And what would be a reasonable good scope and rings to put on it?

Honestly I've had it a while and never fired it! Only thought of it when my club announced a long range handgun match, 100 yards. I didn't think I had anything to compete until I thought of this one! From what I've heard, even if I can't out-shoot them, I can stun them with muzzle blast! :)

Trooperdan

Bearcat
I hate it when I post in haste and then find out at least one of my answers is in a sticky, right on the page! From the Ruger site, I found that my Blackhawk was shipping in 1977! I'd still appreciate a suggestion for a scope and rings though!

sbyrd

Single-Sixer
If your going to be shooting 100 yrds. I'd go with a 4x Burris or Luepold they are'nt cheap but you get what you pay for. You have a fine pistol that should be able to make 100 yrd shots. Oh by the way i'd wear ear plugs if I were you its very painfull with out them and if you run into a guy that is out shootin you sneak up by him and cut one of those .30 carbine's loose he won't be the same the rest of the day :lol:
Scott

Trooperdan

Bearcat
I will never forget Skeeter Skelton's review of the .30C when it first came out.. he said when he touched off the first round, he felt like someone had set off a dynamite cap in eah ear and smacked him in the face with a wet towel! Really stuck with me!

Thanks for advice guys!

Stoots

Buckeye
sbyrd said:
If your going to be shooting 100 yrds. I'd go with a 4x Burris or Luepold they are'nt cheap but you get what you pay for. You have a fine pistol that should be able to make 100 yrd shots. Oh by the way i'd wear ear plugs if I were you its very painfull with out them and if you run into a guy that is out shootin you sneak up by him and cut one of those .30 carbine's loose he won't be the same the rest of the day :lol:
Scott

+1

I love Leupold!

:D

Lee Martin

Hunter
You think the 30 Carbine is loud try the 30 Streaker....

30Streaker.jpg

It launches an 85 grain slug at over 2,000 fps.

tacklebury

Single-Sixer
I don't use scopes personally, but I've seen the best reviews on this mount with rings or just the mount. Holds zero good and requires no gunsmithing.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/714989/weaver-mount-scope-base-with-1-rings-ruger-blackhawk-super-blackhawk-301-gloss

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/359216/weaver-mount-scope-base-ruger-blackhawk-super-blackhawk-301-gloss

Another smithed option is the Weigand which is very tough but does require smithing...

http://www.jackweigand.com/raswms.html

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I have 2 of those they are great little shooters. I really like the one I cut down to 4 5/8". It is a sweet little gun for sure.

Latest posts