Rode hard and put up wet, twice

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
That first one looks like it was dug up in a back yard then used to drive nails. The 2nd one looks like one of those guns that glock leaves in the ocean for 6 months.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
azrugershooter said:
That first one looks like it was dug up in a back yard then used to drive nails. The 2nd one looks like one of those guns that glock leaves in the ocean for 6 months.
Yeah but: "Condition is good for an old gun. I don't know how old it is but it shoots great and will knock down a small tree."
I don't know how a gun with no blueing left on it can be considered 'CONDITION GOOD' but I like the fact that it can knock down small trees. 8) 8)

...Jimbo

Those would make great shooters if the price were right. Unfortunately, those prices aren't right.

As an aside, our own rugerguy could make them look like brand-new.

JMHO
:)

street

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Just a thought: "I always wonder what the former owner's other guns and tools look like, along with his car, truck and family members.......Bet his house is a beauty too.............." :roll: :shock:

Here is another thought!!! Wonder what he looks like!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: I would say the gun looks mint along side of him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snake45

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Those would make great shooters if the price were right. Unfortunately, those prices aren't right.

As an aside, our own rugerguy could make them look like brand-new.

JMHO
:)
Agreed. I'd like to own either of them for about $150, maybe a couple bucks more, but not for any price that starts with a "3."

I'd de-rust 'em and shoot 'em as-is and enjoy 'em, or maybe do something with cold blue or some kind of spray-on finish.

I love cheap, unloved old guns, as long as they shoot or can be made to shoot. Projects are fun! :wink: