REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
PS ... You're absolutely right Pierow ... even from a bag it would be damn difficult ... and most likely a losing financial proposition.

REV

Well then....how about we change it up to get some action and help the economy Rev? Say drop the odds to 10 / 1 and raise the target to 1 1/2. :wink:

Done ....

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
PS ... You're absolutely right Pierow ... even from a bag it would be damn difficult ... and most likely a losing financial proposition.

REV

Well then....how about we change it up to get some action and help the economy Rev? Say drop the odds to 10 / 1 and raise the target to 1 1/2. :wink:

Done ....

REV

Really...just like that?? Wow....can I shoot your reloads in the challenge?...I'll bring the paper! Also please note I'll require 25 practice shots before I declare each target a challenge target. :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
Fair enough !! :D

Just for YOU, VD .. you can shoot 25 shots at the paper and then see if you can make 5 of them fit in your 1.5 inch group.

You'd still lose all your money. I hear your friends call you Shotgun ....

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Anyone ???

I forget now who said they'd do it. I know cheese did ... anybody in Texas for JohnKSA ??

REV

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
I'm not 100% sure I can do it, but it ought to be entertaining even if I only try and fail. After 3 years, we might as well have a little action! :D

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
tango6 said:
If I shoot a taurus judge with 3" 410 shotshells and get 5 pellets in a 1" circle somewhere on the paper, will that count :lol:
sounds like it could be a fun challenge if there any takers.

Heck Rev, I think I would allow the Judge from 15 yards. I had a judge and from 15 yards I don't think it would even break the paper and pretty sure you would never get 5 pellets inside an inch. At least that is my experience with the Judge I had. :lol:

Pierow

Blackhawk
Here we go again Rev. Your thread will live and breathe as long as this forum is around. You know that don't you?

I have been to the range a couple times lately and I have an important announcement to make. I doubt seriously that I will ever be able to shot a 1" group offhand at 45'. It is possible but very, very unlikely. Is it possible for a golfer who shoots 100 plus his whole life to get lucky and shoot an 89? Yep, it is possible. It was misting all day and I had a cold. I played out of my arse and almost asked the fellas I was golfing with to sign my card but was too embarrassed to ask.

I am being a little silly but yes, this is a challenge way beyond my abilities. I'm not bummed about it. At 35' with both hands I can place all my bullets within a paperplate while maintaining a good rate of fire and that makes me happy:)

Pierow

Steve Myers

Single-Sixer
I have one or two that are at/close to an inch at 10 yds. A couple that are not much more at 15 yds. But isn't a cake walk. Usually get 4 group real well and drop one.

I am struggling with a bad shoulder and getting surgery soon, so will be awhile for me. But think I will work on this post recovery. Worst case, I get to shoot!

FWIW, mine are a pair of Flattop Blackhawks in 44 SPC and 45 Colt, and a 45 Auto. All handloads and all home cast bullets/reloads. This helps the groups. When I read the original post, no way to put 5 nearly 1/2" bullets into one hole! Center to center makes it MUCH easier, but still damned difficult! Then again, this is why we shoot, and lie!!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Pierow said:
Here we go again Rev. Your thread will live and breathe as long as this forum is around. You know that don't you?

LOL !!! I guess so.

Great avatar Pierow !!!

The last person to claim the ability to do this was our long-lost friend hazima yakuda (or something like that) ....

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Steve Myers said:
Usually get 4 group real well and drop one.

Yeah ... those flyers can turn a nice cloverleaf into a tennis ball every time ...

REV

Pierow

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Pierow said:

LOL !!! I guess so.

Great avatar Pierow !!!

REV

You know what is really great about it Rev.? Not only is the shell in my avatar 100% American made, it was built by a member of the Pyrotechnic Guild International and shot in competition. If anyone reading this loves fireworks but doesn't know what a hammer or draw-out shell is, you are really missing something. If you do know what they are, you are my buddy for life:)

O.K., back on topic so as to not hijack your thread. Yes, I still cannot punch a 1" group at 45' offhand. Give me a paper plate and both hands however and I will make a sieve out of it.

Pierow

Paroxsym

Bearcat
I tried to get a good group at 30 feet, and came up with this. Admittedly, this is the first time I've ever fired a handgun. Don't have a hope of getting a 1" at 45 feet, haha. (ignore the holes at the very top of the paper... I forgot my tape and used some spent rifle casings to "tack" the paper on until I found something else :? )

419054_3465121625963_1208678336_3612232_2105334655_n.jpg

Bearcat

Blackhawk
Not at 25 yards and not offhand, but this old Mark II Target that I bought used from Splitz ( Hawkeye#28 ) and put a cheap red dot on does well with CCI Blazer bulk pack....

IMG_6125.jpg

Zealott

Bearcat
If you haven't recently tried it you don't realize how far 25 yards is with a pistol until you're staring down your shaking sights. I love this thread and it is an excellent illustration of how exagerated people's claims can be when proof is not in order.

A _great_ group at 25 yards with a pistol with open sights is all headshots or 6 inches. If you can get 1 inch groups with any regularity you're not human and need to join the olympics.

edit: Don't know why I was talking about 25 yards... 15 yards it's still a very, very tall order :)

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I have no problems shooting one-inch groups at 15 yards with just about any handgun.

All I need is the gun, a target, a Ransom Rest with the proper inserts and fifteen yards (plus a couple extra inches) worth of string...

;)

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I shot this one today at 45' with the Redball Jet ( 10 shots). It doesn't have the super awesome CZ omega trigger either, guess I should look into it, oh I already have.

Rev, I still am on call as a witness and will also add to the prize package for all that can do it.

rev.jpg