REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
cruzerlou said:
6,S&W 6" M-29 .44mag
7,Ruger 7 1/2 SBH .44 mag
Lou

I would likely do best with these two, primarily due to the trigger. I like 1911's too, but would use my custom Rock River Arms Hardballer.
Sonny

daddyflea

Bearcat
What's up with all the masking tape over the other holes ?

Flyers are a beeeeeotch !!!

No not any fliers there. Just took one target and had the blues with those oversized rounds. Fired most of the taped up rounds quick without a rest for function and man the function was bad.

Ordered a Truncated Cone mold today. I have shot that load for so long I can not even remember if I need to buy another Top Punch for my RCBS Sizer. The one I have is for Round nose bullets.

Anybody know if I need to buy another Top Punch or will my Round Nose punch work for the sizer using TC bullets?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Still no takers ... but there's someone on the Mak thread that shoots clay birds at 60 YARDS with a CZ82 9X18 ... one inch at 15 yards should be a piece of cake ... just waiting to hear from them.

All this time and not ONE taker ..... :D

Where oh where are all the internet marksmen hanging out ? None of you newly minted SR1911 owners willing to step up ??? I heard there was someone's kid shooting bottle caps at 20 yards ... a bottle cap is about an inch ... right ?

Resurrected for the Holidays !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!

REV

Hazama Yakiba

Single-Sixer
Only a Penn-See Guy like REV could turn a Gun Forum into a Gambling site.

Thank goodness REV is not from Jersey or he'd send "BIG Blackie" to collect your dollar bill... with $100 interest as a late fee ! :roll:

daddyflea

Bearcat
Rev I bet a guy that I could hit a 5" steel plate at 100yds last week with my SR1911 and got 6 rds to do it. I hit it on the second shot. Maybe a little luck, maybe not.

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
daddyflea said:
Rev I bet a guy that I could hit a 5" steel plate at 100yds last week with my SR1911 and got 6 rds to do it. I hit it on the second shot. Maybe a little luck, maybe not.

So 5 shots into 1 inch at 45 feet should be a piece of cake.

Why aren't you taking Mr. Smart Guy Rev's money??? :?

Rev, maybe you'd get some takers at 1" center to center instead of 1" out to out?

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
daddyflea said:

So 5 shots into 1 inch at 45 feet should be a piece of cake.

Why aren't you taking Mr. Smart Guy Rev's money??? :?

Rev, maybe you'd get some takers at 1" center to center instead of 1" out to out?

IT IS center to center ... see page 1 !!

NOTE : AFTER DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD ... THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO ACCEPT ONE INCH GROUPS CENTER TO CENTER AS A WIN.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
For every time that any shooter can shoot a 5 shot (5 shots per target), hand held (no rests) group that fits inside a 1 inch circle I'll give you $20. For every time that you FAIL to shoot 5 shots into a 1 inch circle, you give me $1. That's TWENTY TO ONE ODDS.

This is your original post old boy... :wink:

Now that it's officially C2C I'm in! Git yer $20s out. :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
It was amended one line below that !!

EDITED : NOW OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CENTERFIRE HANDGUNS OF ANY CALIBER ... no optics.

For all you guys that seem to think that 1 inch groups at 15 yards are so easy to do ... i challenge you to PROVE IT !!!

For every time that any shooter can shoot a 5 shot (5 shots per target), hand held (no rests) group that fits inside a 1 inch circle I'll give you $20. For every time that you FAIL to shoot 5 shots into a 1 inch circle, you give me $1. That's TWENTY TO ONE ODDS.
Fair enough ??

NOTE : AFTER DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD ... THE CHALLENGE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO ACCEPT ONE INCH GROUPS CENTER TO CENTER AS A WIN.

You're not gonna shoot that stainless CZ75B are you ?

I surrender .... I'll just send you the $200 .... :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ said:
:oops:

Anyway, a guy who can hit a 5" plate @ 100 yards should be able to take your money all day long.

Still no takers ....

Apparently it's easier to TALK about being a great shot than it is to BE a great shot ...

So far this week we have someone shooting clay birds at 60 yards with a PA63, and someone's 10 year old son (if I remember correctly) shooting bottle caps at 20 yards with an SR1911 .....

Not picking on anybody ... I have no idea who it was ... just remember reading it at one point or another. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
No optics and you're fine. :D

Keep in mind there has NEVER been a taker to this challenge. You will be the first. After all the people who proclaimed that they could shoot 'one inch groups at 50 feet or so all day long' ... there has never been ONE taker for this challenge.

At least all the idiotic 'one-inch group' boasting has petered out a bit ... and it seems that all the internet marksmen are keeping their prowess to themselves.

THe challenge is STILL open .... if you're not near PA, we have several others across the country willing to administer the challenge. Just let us know when you want to try it and we'll set it up. :D

REV

Pierow

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
No optics and you're fine. :D

Keep in mind there has NEVER been a taker to this challenge. You will be the first.

I read through this thread the other day and was surprised that, after 14 pages of replies no one has done this yet. Great post Rev. I don't consider myself a bad shot but at 50' with a bag rest, this would still be a challenge right?

Pierow

revhigh

Hawkeye
Pierow said:
at 50' with a bag rest, this would still be a challenge right?

I've been shooting for 30+ years, and I can honestly say that I've done it ..... MAYBE ..... far less than 10 times.

If you read the entire thread, I made up the challenge because I publicly doubted that some of the claims that were being made were ... ahem .... 'slightly exaggerated'. I was called out by several who said didn't know what I was talking about ... and if someone said they could shoot '1 inch groups' ... 'all day long' .... 'with their new SR9 that they just got as their first gun' .... then they could. LOL.

Needless to say ... none of the shooters took the challenge, and none of my critics took the challenge or even participated in the thread.

It has been a fun thread though ... it gets resurrected every six months or so ... :D

PS ... You're absolutely right Pierow ... even from a bag it would be damn difficult ... and most likely a losing financial proposition.

REV

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
PS ... You're absolutely right Pierow ... even from a bag it would be damn difficult ... and most likely a losing financial proposition.

REV

Well then....how about we change it up to get some action and help the economy Rev? Say drop the odds to 10 / 1 and raise the target to 1 1/2. :wink: