Redhawk or Blackhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruber

Single-Sixer
I still think your son should get you a Blackhawk for taking care of his until he is out of college! That way, you can get yourself the Redhawk.

Three44s

Single-Sixer
Someone mentioned S&W in comparison to a Redhawk.

While the Smiths can come with or be tuned to pure nirvana as to triggers .... when it comes to strength ...... there is just no comparison.

And thats in .44 mag.

Switch to the .45 LC and the Smith is left in the weeds choking on the dust from Rugers. And in that caliber ...... even the Blackhawk is left wanting by the Redhawk.

While I don't own a .45 LC anything ...... I do own a Smith Mountain Gun ....... a real sweet heart! And also a RH and a SRH ...... all in .44 mag.

My Rugers both have the lightened hammer springs and both require the Federal primer because they suffer from light strikes (leading to FTF's).

My Redhawk must have left Ruger Central just about perfect. With a Bushnell Holosight installed and one of my pet loads I can hit right at 80% on golf balls at 35 yds. with an improvised rest.

Though the hitability of my Rugers will be hampered somewhat ...... the primer issue is unacceptable on a defensive gun. And even if one could always count on having Federal primers ..... it means little now because all the new production from Federal is of a harder cup.

I am covetting my "old" primers and relegating them to RH and SRH usage only till they dry up.

One thing that all Ruger revolver owners owe themselves is a copy of IBOK ...... it's written by Iowegan ..... actually very well written and has many good pictures as well.

I feel like a vamp but the way you can get IBOK is to register on the other Ruger forum and when your post count exceeds a certain number ....... 25 I believe ....... you can download IBOK for free.

Well worth the trouble.

BTW ...... IBOK stands for Iowegan Book Of Knowledge

In IBOK one can learn how to improve primer strikes yet reduce trigger pull ...... sort of having your cake and eating it too!

VIVA Ruger and Iowegan as well!

Three 44s

piratedude

Single-Sixer
People have killed Polar Bear with a .44 magnum. Well for that matter people have killed Polar Bears with a .22-250, but I am going OT. I am just curious what game some people are after in North America where they feel the .44 magnum Black Hawk isn't enough gun. Are you waiting for the mutant invasion?

Just curious.

As for me, I prefer DA for self defense because you can just pull the trigger, but I like shooting the BH better.

Knuckles

Buckeye
piratedude":3mjbl7qw said:
People have killed Polar Bear with a .44 magnum. Well for that matter people have killed Polar Bears with a .22-250, but I am going OT. I am just curious what game some people are after in North America where they feel the .44 magnum Black Hawk isn't enough gun. Are you waiting for the mutant invasion?

Just curious.

As for me, I prefer DA for self defense because you can just pull the trigger, but I like shooting the BH better.

You'll wish you didn't say that when one of those mutant critters comes after you! :twisted:

deanodog

Bearcat
That's a hard choice. I would hate to give one of these up.
000_0852.jpg

000_0800.jpg

Latest posts